<10>

_______

_______

A frantic Jalal ran out of the house towards his car.
His hands shaking as he manouvered it into use.

He drove as fast as he could, tears gathering in his eyes as his mind played the worst scenarios.

A series of "what ifs" echoing in his ears.

He hadn't felt this feeling of helplessness since...since Inaya's death.

The lump in his throat made it difficult to focus on anything else.

Unknowingly, after years, his mind, his soul turned towards The Almighty.

He was a sinner.

He knew it.

Was this God's way of punishing  him?

Was this, his way of showing him just how much ne needed him?

"Aye khuda....meri biwi ki hifazat krna...Mere gunahon ki saza usko mad dena Rabb" the lump of emotions finally showing when salty droplets of water cascaded down his tan cheeks.

His drive finally coming to an end when he parked outside the hospital.

His agitated feet taking him towards the reception as he hurriedly asked about his wife.

"yes....the  victims of the accident" his voice hoarse.
"Down the hallway, on the right" the receptionist gave him a look full of pity.

Jalal's throat clogging up with fear.
"Ya khudaya rehem" his lips repeated the sentence like a mantra.

His eyes came upon the group of people clustered around the few men in white.

His pain struck body taking him towards them.

His chest contracting with pain as he saw the doctors muttering a string of sorrys to most of the people around them.

"Ya khudaya rehem" .

One of the doctors turned towards him.
"Ap kis patient ky ghr waly hain?" he questioned.

"Hazal...Hazal Yousuf" his chocolate eyes connecting with the doctor's misty green ones.

'Doctor Hadi Ibrahim Ahmed'   the tag on his coat read.

"Please come this way...i'd like to talk to you for a moment" The Young, dark haired man led him to a tad bit private area.

"ya khudaya rehem".

"How...how is my wife?" Jalal questioned in a hurry...worry lacing his voice.
"Mr yousuf....your  wife has severe injuries on her entire body..
Her right leg is fractured...the skin on her back is slit up...her left arm's bone has moved out of place, her whole face is bruised...and..."

Jalal's eys became red every second.

"and..?" his body trembling due to the fear of what was about to come past the doctor's lips.
"And we assume that when the accident happened the car rolled upside- down..due to which your wife's stomach and face hit the ground first".