<9>

Hazal sauntered towards her room as she tried wiping away the continous tears leaking from her green emerald eyes

She wanted to go tell him that she wasn't the girl in picture, that she wasn't lying.
She was no cheater! 

She finally closed the door and sat on the cold floor, her back slinding on the wooden door.
Her hiccups becoming erretic and her breath came short.

She took a few big breaths to calm her racing heart.
A small cry bringing her back to her feet, Hazal walked towards the  bed and  hoisted Ayan's body into her lap.

"Sshh...kuch nhi hua Ayaan...meri jaan" She patted his back and closed her eyes when he wrapped his arms around her , resting his small head in the crook of her neck, sniffing every now and then.

When  he fell asleep she layed in the bed with her little boy still clinging on to her.
A sigh leaving her lips.

This wasn't supposed to go like this.
She was supposed to show her last semester's result to him.

She was so excited...

her eyes, red, from all the crying.

Her body tired from the happenings of the day and her head puonding because of a tremendous headache.

Her eyelids closed on their own, succumbing the mother and son in a long slumber.

__________

That night, Hazal had thought that they'd sort things out....clear the misunderstanding...but it never happened.

He refused to listen, refused to believe.

She got up from her bed, keeping the few reports in her hand back in the light blue file and walked towards her  window.

Hazal had always loved the cold night breeze.
It was like some sort of medicine that cooled her insides, making her brain forget the world around herself.

She heaved a sigh of tiredness.
Sleep was far away from her dulled looking eyes.

A sad smile played on her lips as the memories of a few weeks ago replayed in her mind.

A few tears gathered in her eyes and soon made their way to her pale cheeks.

The lady in black hastily wiped them away.
He didn't deserve her tears.

She hadn't done anything wrong and if he couldn't see it or even make an effort to listen to her, it wasn't her problem.

She had tried...so many times...but he never gave her a chance to talk... and she was beginning to get hopeless.

Jalal had stopped her from seeing Ayaan.
The only thing that had her going...he had snatched that away.

A sob, that escaped without her will, shook  her whole body.