xii.

- ▪︎ ¤ ✡ ¤ ▪︎ -

A lot of people sat around the table. There were 8 of us.
A ginger teenage boy.
Next to him sat a Zemeni boy, around the same age as him. His sharpshooters before him.
A slim Suli girl sat next to Kaz, the bastard of the barrel.
To Kaz's left sat a brownhaired girl, who sweetly smiled and wore a heartrender tattoo on her wrist. Next to her sat a big, blondehaired man. He looked older, but im guessing he's the same age as them.
"Ms. Sokolov, Your Highness, I'd like for you to meet my crows." Said Kaz as he introduced us to the strange people sitting at the table. Later, I found out that the ginger boy's name is Wylan, the sharpshooter is Jesper, the suli acrobat is Inej, and the sweet, but scary couple to the right is Nina and Matthias.
"You're grisha" said the girl who's name is Nina.
"Oh, yeah. I'm a squaller. "
"Interesting" she looked at me with those seducing eyes "do you happen to know a Zoya? Zoya-"
"Zoya Nazyalensky. Yes, I know her. We've uh..." I looked at Nikolai and he looked at me back "Y-yeah we know eachother" I looked down at the table, and the cups of tea on it. "We have an...interesting history. But yeah, I've got the chance to get to know her. But how do you know her?" It was her time to answer my question. She looked flushed and a bit embarassed too.
No, it wasn't embarrasment.
It was fear and a bit...anger.
I guess Zoya didn't tell everything about her past and about the people she met.
"Let's move on from this" Kaz said as he looked around us, checking that noone was listening. There wasn't really anyone in here, the Crow club was empty as hell. "This job is really important. Not just for me, but if you want to get rich." He stopped and looked at Nikolai, who gave a confused look. "If some of us want to get rich" he corrected himself and cleared his throat "we need to do this. We have to kidnap someone, someone who is really important to the whole world." He leaned back, a sly smile playing on his lips.
"We're gonna kidnap Alina Starkov, the Sun Summoner."
Everyone gasped, including the sandy blonde haired man next to me. I stayed silent. Everyone was talking. Just talking, talking, talking. I didn't even hear anything. The quiet was screaming inside my head. I was stunned and I couldn't speak.
The voice of the sharpshooter snapped me back into the conversation.
"So we're kidnappig the magical sunbeam? How will we pull that off? I mean , I know, we've been to the Ice Court and stuff, but she- she's the most powerful grisha. She could make our head explode. She coul-"
I cut him off. I had to tell them.
If I don't, things might end up badly and bloody.
"Yeah, she could." I said. I was sincere, I wasn't gonna lie. Not now and not in here. "But she wouldn't. She-" I was cut off by someone who suprised me and hurt me the most. At the same time.
"She's dangerous" that voice said. "She shouldn't be trusted, and I think it's the right idea to capture her and-and-" he couldn't bring himself to say those words.
"To use her. Well, her powers." Kaz had finished his sentence and he just nodded.
He fucking nodded.
"Please excuse me. I need to go to the bathroom." I said, not looking at particularry anyone.
"Oh, its down the hall, to the right" Inej helped, smiling a bit.
I muttered a 'thanks' and stood up from the table. Nikolai just sat there, watching me carefully. I looked him in the eye and left. I quickly found the bathroom and locked the door behind me.
There was only one thought in my head: I have to save Alina.
I can't be caught up in their stupid games.
I walked over to the window when a sharp knock came from the door.
Fuck. He found me.
"Freya." His voice was low and dark. "Open the door." He wasn't joking, neither was I.
"Go away, Nikolai. I don't wanna talk to you"
"F-freya please, just open the door" I heard a thud, so he must be leaning against the door.
I opened it and pulled him in, locking the door behind us. When I was a few feet from him, I finally turned away.
I couldn't look at him.
Look him in the eyes.
"Speak." I said loud and clear. "Thats what you wanted, right?" I asked mockingly. "Now do what you do best. Lie to me and convince me why we should help them kidnap our friend?" I turned to him. He was just standing there. Spine straight, eyes narrowed.
"I will not lie to you, Freya. But I must tell you something." He stepped closer, but at that attempt, I stepped back.
I wasn't gonna let him play with me again. And again.
"She's not who you think she is. She's evil and not trustworthy"
"She can't be more evil than you!" I spat back and left the bathroom, him following me, like a loyal dog.
"I'm not in, I won't be a part of it. I'm sorry, I just I-"
"She is manipulated" he said "She got into Freya's head, do not trust her" Nikolai said.
And those three words shattered me into a thousand pieces.

- ▪︎ ¤ ✡ ¤ ▪︎ -

AN: hey yaaaal. Im back after a month. Im sorry for my inactivity, but I've been really busy. Here is a really short chapter, but I'm already writing the other one, so I had to publish this. If you liked it, give me a vote and have a great day <3

with lots of love, dorothy <33