vi.

AN: sooo this chapter will be 2,500+ words bc i feel like the other chapters were too short, enjoy yall <3

- ▪︎ ¤ ✡ ¤ ▪︎ -

*mature-ish content at the end*

I exited the room. The hallway was pretty large. It had three different doors. Two on the left, and one on the right side. I passed them, and went right to the staircase. It was made of some dark wood, and the way the sun light filtered through the windows, it looked like it was polished. I walked up on it, and the fresh salty air hit my nose. The ship's floor was glittering. It was beautiful. The waves were small, and the watet had the prettiest shade of blue. The sun was high on the sky. It's yellow sunbeams shining. The ship was pretty large.
"The breakfast is this way" a voice called behind me. I turned. A tall man stood before me. He wasn't much older than me. His hair was dark and it was pulled into a low ponytail. "Follow me" he sounded dull and not very amused. I turned towards him and he led me through a small brown door. It must led to the dining area. When we entered, a magical sent hit my nose.
Food. Finally some food.
"Ah" a familiar voice called "I see you've met my dearest friend, Tolya" Nikolai stood up, and walked towards us. "I say, we should have a proper introduction" he looked around "we'll be on this ship for a while, so we should all be the greatest friends, right?" Nikolai was wearing his proud smile again. His eyes glittering with happines. I nodded, trying not to be very awkward. I looked around the room, taking in my surroundings. There were some familiar faces that i recognized, but most of them were unfamiliar and strange.
My anxiety is kicking in.
There was Tamar, the woman I met in Nikolai's bedroom.
Oh wow, I sound like a slut.
S

he was wearing similar clothes to mine. A white shirt with dark brown pants. Her hair was a beautiful dark brown, almost black, and she had the same eyes. Next to her was standing Tolya, who had shown me the way to here. He was atleast 5 inches more than Tamar, and 6 inches more than me.
He was tall and handsome.
There was a short girl sitting at the table. She had black hair, and brown eyes. She was a beautiful half Shu- half Ravkan woman.
I stepped closer to the table, and sat down next to Tamar. The table was packed with all kinds of food. Bread, milk, cheese, ham, fruits. Everything I could've imagined. I put some cheese and ham in my plate and started eating. I was so so so hungry, I thought I could eat an elephant.
"Are you enjoying your food, love?" he was whispering in my ear with his soft voice. I didn't even see him standing next to me, nor when he seated himself to my right, at the head of the table. "Everything here is just so...hm...tasty, am I right?" He looked deeply, in my eyes, and for a moment I saw something mischievous glint in his eyes.
"Uh, oh, yeah, sure, everything is uh ve-very tasty, thank you" I leaned closer, and put my hand on his thigh "How are you enjoying it so far, your majesty?"I spoke the words low and slow.
Just the way he likes it.
"Darling" he chuckled "why didn't you tell me, that you're already wanting desert? If that's what you really..." he stopped for a second "crave...then we should go to somewhere more private. Don't you think, Freya?" How does he always do this? Everytime I try to take control, he just proves me, that I'll always be under him.
Ironically and nonironically too.
"I'm perfectly fine here, thank you"
"Well, then another time, yes?" I grunted, and removed my hand, but before I could've returned it to my lap, he caught my wrist. "Just one more thing, love" he ran his fingers down my arm "before you try to do something like this again, think about the consequences" he let go of my arm, and returned to his meal. Continuing his conversation like nothing happened.
I should do that too.
Just forget it.
I finished my food, and went out on the deck. The nice weather dissapeared. It was gray outside.
Thr wind blew my hair in my face, and I couldn't see anything.
"Hey, it's Freya, right?" A sudden voice called from the right of me.
I turned and a familiar face was staring back at me.
I know her, I saw her at the table.
"Y-yeah, I'm Freya. Uh, I'm sorry, I don't think you told me your name...?"
"Oh, yeah, sure, sorry. I'm uh Alina. Alina Starkov. Nice to meet you"
"Holy. Saints. As in the 'Sun Summoner Alina Starkov'? Uh, I don't even know what to s-"
"Just." She let out a heavy sigh "Just don't act like I'm some saint or something. Please, act normal with me" she smiled sadly at me. I understand what she meant. People tend to act different when you're better than them.