i.

- ▪︎ ¤ ✡ ¤ ▪︎ -

Today 

I was woken up by the sound of a thud. A really heavy thud. I knew which room it was from. Genya's. Oh my Saints, Genya! I ran towards my door and threw it open. Running towards the stairs I almost fell. I stumbled back up and ran up on the stairs. One turn left, two turns right. I see her door. And that's it, I'm standing iin front of her door. Without breath.
"Genya, love, saints, are you alright? I heard a big thud and- David? What the he- what are u doing here?" I asked eyeing the lovebirds. 
"Oh well i can explain" Genya tried. She really tried. "He was helping me with, um, something" she muttered under her breath. I looked around and then I saw a lamp broken on the floor and, what I suppose was, David's fabrikator notebook. 
"Hm, well I see" I didnt want it to be more awkward, so i decided to just leave it "i'll se you guys later, have fun helping" I winked at them, and than turned and walked out of the room. Thank the saints that they weren't naked and in the middle of doing the dirty. Or worse.

As I was walking to the dining hall to get breakfast, I bumped into something. Ouch, my head. It was a really hard wall, I suppose. But, the funny part is, it wasn't a wall at all. I looked up and met with a pair of beautiful and poisonous eyes. I hated those eyes.  
"Good morning beautiful, are you going to have breakfast? I'll go with you. To keep you company" Aleksander. General Kirigan. The shadow summoner. Or whatever you want to call him. Why is he always around me? Can't he just leave me alone? 
"Kirigan. What a surprise. I don't wanna turn your offer down, but I will. I think I can handle going to the dining area alone" I spat back. Smiling sweetly. He is not going to play games with me. Not now and not in this lifetime.
"Oh, but I insist" he leaned in and squeezed my jaw with one hand. Bringing my face awfully close to his. Why do I get this deja vu feeling?
"If I were you, I'd keep this pretty mouth shut. At least, until we are in a private room, just the two of us." He said, chuckling. His voice smooth and his laugh sweet, and you can feel the hatred in his voice. 

Come on Freya, don't do this to yourslef. You don't want him. You don't need him."Fine, I'll go with you. But don't you ever think, even in your wildest dreams, that I would willingly be in an empty room with you. Alone."
"Oh" he chuckled "Well I hope I can make you change your mind." he smirked and put his hand out for me to grab it. I looked him in the eye, and pushed his hand away. 

His answer was taking me by my arm anyways, and hauling me forward. I almost fell, but, of course, he held me by my waist and didn't let go of it until we arrived in the dining hall. Just like old times, keeping me secret so I don't embarrass him.

As we walked in the dining area, all the grisha was sitting there. Chatting, eating, and just enjoying themselves. As i tried to go to my seat, to the Etherealki. I saw Zoya, and i waved to her, and she did the same, then smiled at me. I returned the gesture. I went to sit next to her, then a hand grabbed my wrists and held me in my place.
"And where do you think you're going, darling? I want you to sit with me, beside me, that's how you wanted it, am i right?" I didn't miss the smug look on his face.
"Yeah, I did want that, before u turned into this scumbag. Let me go, and I'll save you the embarrassment of being beaten up by a woman" I snarled, and tried to sound confident. I hope I did a good job.
"Oh, well, you wanted this" he let go of me, and I let out a shaky breath. Why am I so weak? "My dear Grisha, i hope you all don't mind if today, the whole day, I will dine here with you. And I hope you don't mind it either, if miss Anderson, will dine with me" I thought I was going to die in the spot. I sent Zoya a help glare, but she wouldn't meet my eyes. 
I will get back at him for this."No interjections? Fantastic. Come one then, love. Let's eat." He was so proud, I almost puked. He led me to the head of the table and sat me right next to him. He whispered something to Ivan, and he sent him away.
"I hope you are enjoying breakfast. Just the same I am enjoying this" He placed his hand on my thigh. I tried to move away, but his hold was firm and strong. I hated that I was so vulnerable around him, and I couldn't do anything.
I miss him, I miss the old him."You're disgusting." I didn't want to argue, I just wanted to enjoy my meal.
I glanced at Zoya. She was looking at me now, staring. There was something in that stare. One thing I couldn't understand. Was it love? Affection? Need? The worst part is that, it wasn't for me. It was for him. The insanely hot man who was sitting next to me, having his big hand on my thigh, moving upward. She was jealous, but I don't know why.
I glanced at Genya, she was looking at me. Ignoring the general.

I finished my meal. Even though I couldn't seat in my normal place, I actually was glad that i could eat. I had lots of trainings today, and I needed the strength. I stood, removing his hand. I leaned down, so that my face was next to his ear.
"Thank you for the breakfast, never again" I whispered in his ear and pushed his hand away from my thigh, then walked out of the door.