viii.

- ▪︎ ¤ ✡ ¤ ▪︎ -

I've finally woken up from my long sleep

I've finally woken up from my long sleep. Aleksander was sitting in a chair next to me, asleep.
This was my chance.
I removed the blankets from my body and got up. I was feeling much better, and stronger. I quickly put on some clothes that i found at the end of the bed. I found black slippers on the floor.
How surprising, another black stuff.
I made my way to door. My hand was on the door knob.
I'm so close, almost there.
I turned it to the right. It was open, thank the Saints. I opened the dark wooden door. It was half open when I heard a loud shut. The door was locked again, and I was on the floor. Aleksander stood over me, looking down with his grey eyes.
It was really intimidating.
"Well, well, well" he scoffed "how the tables turn. I remember you saying that you'll never sneak of from my room again, but..." he took a deep breath then leaned closer and looked me in my eyes "but here you are, my dearest Freya, I've been waiting for you" I was speechless and a little bit embarrassed too, because what he said was true.
This wasn't the first time when I tried to sneak out.
He grabbed my shoulders and hauled me to my feet. And continued to stare in my eyes.
I almost forgot how strong he was. How handsome, too.
"Let me go. I can perfectly stand on my own" I freed myself from his grip and took a step back.
"What happened to them?" I had to ask. I was worried.
"To whom?" He sounded amused. Like he was enjoying this.
"To the ship, to Nikolai, to Al-"
"Don't worry about it" he cut me off.
"What the hell? What do you mean don't worry about it? What did you do? Did you ki-"
"I SAID SHUT UP" he stormed towards me and pinned me to the wall "just...shut up. I want to enjoy this moment, and I want you to be as quiet as possible."
He grabbed my throat.
He was choking me.
"Did he do this to you?"
He spoke lowly, not looking away.
"D-did who do what?" I was confused and I couldn't breath normally. I was in a chokehold.
"Did your precious Nikolai fuck you while you were on that goddamn ship" he started to become angrier, I could tell by how he started to grip my throat harder.
"I-i don't what you're talking about. Nothing happened. And anyways, why do you care? Why do I have to answer that question?"
"Because noone can do this" his other hand gripped my thighs "to you. Understood?"
I was in shock. I didn't move. I didn't speak.
"I asked something. " he leaned impossibly close, I could feel his warm breath against my neck. "Use your words, please"
"What am I-i supposed to say?"
He let out an irritated sigh and let go of me. Stepping backwards while keep the eye contact.
"I've missed you, you know. I missed you. Your smile. Your scent. Since you've been gone, its like the Little Palace became much more boring. It's boring without you."
"Why? You've missed your favorite plaything or what?"
"Oh, no. I have Zoya for that"
"Leave her out of it!"
I was the one now to pin the other to the wall. I didn't think I was capable of doing it, but it seemed like he was letting me do it. He enjoyed it.
"Don't you dare talk about her like that! She doesn't deserve you, and neither do I!"
He was just looking down at me, when I turned and headed to the door. And then suddenly everything faded to black and I couldn't see anything. I was starting to panic.
"You didn't think that you had that much power over me, did you?" His voice was loud now, and I didn't see where it came from.
I was in the dark. Alone.
With him.
"You won't escape me this easily. You will work with me, will be beside me and you'll do whatever I want...with you. Understood?"
I had a really bad headache and I fell to the floor.
"No! I won't be your puppet or toy. I am a human being with feelings. I won't let a bastard like you control me. I have more self respect than that!" I was out of breath.
"Oh, no no no. I think you misunderstood me. If you don't obey, I won't hurt you. No, I could never. But I'll start with Genya, maybe and then with Zoya, and I'll move to Mari-"
"Stop!" I screamed "J-just stop. Yes, yes, I'll do anything. Just don't you dare hurt them! I'll be your puppet, your toy, but only if you leave everyone in the Little Palace alone" I took a long breath and finally looked up to him. The darkness started to fade and now I could see his face, staring at me. "Nobody deserves to be wrapped up in your madness"
I stood up and walked up to him.
"Let's do it then"
He looked me up and down, then smirked. "I thought you'd never say that"
I was disgusted by that proud smile on his face.
How did I ever love him?
We walked out of his room, to the dining hall where all the other grisha was. They all stared, not very politely.
"Ladies and gentleman. My dear grisha friends. I have an announcment to make." He stopped at the middle of the room, and took my hand. "The beautiful lady next to me, Freya Sokolov, and I are getting married next week. And you are all invited." He proudly smiled and everyone applauded. I was at the edge of fainting, and crying, and screaming. I was fake smiling and looking as happy as possible.
It was hard and painful.
Hiding my true emotions.
"We will be in my chambers, getting things ready"
I was still standing there, when he took my upper arm and dragged me back to his room.
That room is my worst nightmare.
My cage.
He closed the door and then locked it. I was furious at this moment, so I took my chance and let it all out.