Chapter 4: Tension

Start from the beginning

Party?

Joe: What party?

Akali: The yearly halloween party that I mentioned last week.

Oh yeah, she did mention something like that. Must've slipped my mind.

Joe: Must've forgotten about it.

Akali: You can be such an airhead sometimes smokey.

I leaned up in the bed and pecked her cheek. Yeah, I practically moved into Akali's room. My laptop and such was still in my room, but I sleep, shower and brush my teeth mostly in Akali's room now. I also have my noodle stash here, weirdly enough some tend to vanish. At first we just wanted to try out what it was like as a couple....now I never want it to stop.

Joe: Relax I still got four more days until the party.

Akali: I know, I guess I'm just too excited.

Joe: Me too.

And so the days passed. Tuesday and wednesday were uneventful, thursday Josh was trying to pick a fight with me, but picked one with Eve instead, and on friday Eve and Sett were whispering about getting some secret stuff for the party. Which brings us to today, saturday, the 31st of october. Halloween as well as the day of the party....and I still don't have a costume.

I went to the lounge and was about to ask Akali for her bike keys, but Evelynn approached instead.

Evelynn: I need to buy some stuff for the party. Can you come with me darling~

Now most girls would start throwing a hissy fit with how seductive Eve acts sometimes, not Akali though.

Joe: Yeah, I kinda still need a costume.

I heard a faint 'You still don't have one?!' from the kitchen. Eve and I just headed to her car and drove off.

Joe: So, what costumes did you guys get?

Evelynn: Well, Kai'sa is going as a maid, Rogue as ninja, Gumiho is gonna be a foxy witch and I'll be a sexy succubus darling~

But isn't that what you are?

Evelynn: Why, thank you darling~

My face was very hot all of a sudden.

Joe: Did I say that out loud?

Evelynn: Yes, you did. Don't worry I won't tell. Unless you want to make poor Akali jealous, but something tells me she wouldn't be if it was me.

Joe: So! What are we buying?

Evelynn: Alcohol of course.

Joe: What?

Evelynn: It's a college party darling, of course there's gonna be alcohol.

Oh, it's one of 'those' parties.

Evelynn: Something wrong darling~

Joe: It's just that I never really...drank before.

Evelynn: Surely you've had a cocktail before?

Silence

Evelynn: A beer?

More silence.

Evelynn: Oh dear. I'll just stick to your side then....don't want you doing anything stupid when you're drunk.

Joe: And you won't get drunk?

Evelynn: I'm a demon darling, we can't get drunk. A slight buzz is all I can get.

We arrived at the mall and I immeafiately headed for a clothing store. It didn't take long for me to find what I was looking for. A skull mask, bone gloves, black shoes, a black trench coat with a hood and a scythe that was taller than me.