Chapter X: Blood Ties

Comenzar desde el principio

"My last question for you, mate; why are you so against the idea of mates? Why are you denying me and not trusting me?"

Xavier faltered whilst she continued,

"How can you leave me, your mate in isolation for a week and not feel anything? Even now you hold my throat like you want to suffocate me to death."

Xavier mumbled trying to find the right words, but decided to stay quiet.

"Would you be happy if I left? I can leave your pack land if you want, but just so you know, I was staying for my one and only pack member Kelly who found her mate. And I'm staying for my wolf. I feel your wolf calling out to mine alpha Xavier, so I know you feel the mate bond too. So why are you so against me?" Her voice cracked, becoming quieter.

A tear betraying her as she tried to keep it all in. The small drop trailing down her cheek whilst he watched the tear fall.

His hands loosened altogether and his hands fell to his side, one of them twitching, trying to urge him. His eyes widening. She pushed him away from her, weakly.

"I-I can't answer those questions right now." He stumbled.

"You're just a weak wolf, if you can't handle me. I know my place is to be a female alpha, but if you can't handle that, nor answer my questions - then what kind of alpha are you?"

She went to slam the door behind her, until  She felt an excruciating pain coarse through her body. She groaned out as her bones shifted in her body, moving her skin like snakes were under her stretching flesh. She hadn't shifted in a long time. A wolf can go a month or two without shifting, but any longer was torturous.

Xavier went to help her, but she snapped at his hands.

"Don't touch me." She seethed through gritted teeth. "I've been alone majority of my life, so don't expect me to need your help."

"Isla, just let me help you."

"Go away, Xavier." That was the first time she said his name in a broken tone.

But his beast didn't hate when she said only his name, but he was disappointed that this tone was directed to him, because of his own trust issues.

Kelly and Damien came around the corner to see what the commotion was and Kelly ran to her alpha. She felt a foreboding feeling that concerned her, making her think of her female alpha.

"Isla, when was the last time you shifted?" Damien questioned, when he felt her forehead with the back of his hand, he cussed out. Her body was feverishly out of control. Her body producing heat well above a werewolves normal optimum body temperature.

"I don't remember, multiple years now maybe." She panted out.

Kelly gasped, even though she knew it would be above a year, she had not expected for it to be more than 2, and thought that she would have shifted as soon as they got out of the rogues hideout. Damien scolded Isla, whilst Xavier; he just stared, mouth slightly parted.

His eyes showing an array of emotions that she couldn't decipher as they flicked through quickly. The emotions were pages of a magazine being flicked rapidly with a finger moving down the edges. You see a little of what was inside with the colours, but you didn't know the content.

"Isla, we need to take you outside to shift." Damien demanded. She growled at him.

"I have a medical degree, Isla. When it comes to your health you need to put that stubbornness away, along with your pride."

"I am not shifting in front of anyone."

"Shift, Isla." Xavier grumbled out with his arms folded over his chest. His face stern and his hands twitching. Damien's lips thinned at the alphas restlessness. This was a clarification to him, but Xavier was too high and mighty to deal with his own emotions properly.

"Too late sweetheart. You're going to shift right here and right now." Damien moved Isla who was screaming out from the pain into a guest bedroom that was next to Xavier's room. Normally in this instance, he wouldn't touch a shifting wolf especially a forced one from not following nature's rules. But the confined space of the passage way was going to cause a lot of harm to Isla and possibly everyone around her.

Isla screamed out cuss words before she shifted in front of everyone.

Her fur was an array of majestic white with grey dusting along her fur in patches. Her wolfs eyes held slight red tinges in them which meant one thing. Her eyes had confirmed Xavier's superstitions.

Coarsening through her blood, was a small trace of witch blood.

© 2018 Emily Rose All Rights Reserved