Chapter 25

Once Harry had purchased his potion ingredients, he went over to the ice cream parlor to wait for Bill, Charlie, and Percy. Once they got there, Bill kept glancing at his watch. The first couple of times Harry didn't pay any mind to it, but after the fourth or fifth glance, he started to become suspicious. What was he waiting on?

"Alright, boys." Bill stood up, "I suppose it's probably time we headed on home. Charlie and Percy glanced up at him and nodded. The three cleaned up before heading back to the house.

By the time they got back to the Burrow, it was starting to get dark. They started walking up to the front door, but Percy stopped them. "You know, mum may still have a few guests over. Why don't we go through the back yard and go in the back door?"

"That's a good idea." Charlie nodded, and they started to go around the side of the house.

As soon as they rounded the corner, magic confetti canons were shot into the air. "SURPRISE!"

Harry's eyes widened as he stared at the smiling faces of all his friends. "What... what is all this?"

"It's your birthday you, dork!" Ron grinned.

"You... remembered my birthday?" he said in surprise.

"Of course, we did," Hermione came over and pecked him on the cheek. "You're our friend, Harry."

"Thanks..." he had to keep himself from tearing up. This was all so overwhelming.

"Well come on everybody!" Fred put his arm around Harry's shoulder.

George fired off another confetti canon, "Let's get this party started!"

Harry was in awe of everyone that had shown up. Nevil, Seamus, Dean, Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Remus, and even a familiar-looking black dog.

The whole backyard was decorated in red and gold streamers and different types of Quidditch-themed décor. There was a huge table filled to the brim with food. At one end of the table, there was a giant cake decorated to look like a snowy white owl.

"Happy birthday Harry..." Mrs. Weasley bent down and gave him a hug.

"I... can't believe all of this..." Harry looked around in awe. "No one's ever thrown me a birthday party before..."

Mr. Weasley smiled at him sadly next to his wife, "Well you'd better get used to it, because this is going to become a yearly occurrence."

Harry squeezed her tightly in a hug, "Thank you..."

"Hello Harry..." he looked up and saw Remus. "May we have a quick word?" he gestured to the dog beside him.

Mrs. Weasley nodded towards the house. "You boys can use the kitchen."

"We'll make sure that no one disturbs you," Arthur added.

As soon as they stepped into the kitchen, Sirius had turned back into a human and was squeezing Harry tightly. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." both he and Remus were crying. "I... if only I had been a better godfather..."

Harry shook his head, "It's alright... you had no way of knowing. You were in prison."

Remus slammed his fist on the table. "I should have known though. I refused to visit you for eleven years simply out of grief. Then I finally meet you, and I still don't see it. I should have seen the signs..."

Harry hung his head, "I didn't want anyone to know. I can't blame you for not seeing something I didn't want you to."

Sirius wiped his eyes, "Why didn't you tell us?"

He hung his head, "I was scared..."

"I know..." the two Marauders held him as he cried. "We've got you now. We've got you..."

After they took a bit more minutes to catch up, they decided that it was probably time to head back to the party. Sirius had to stay in his dog form to keep his identity secret, but he didn't mind too much. He apologized to Harry profusely that he could not take him in himself when he needed him most, but his being on the run wouldn't allow it. Harry understood and made sure he didn't beat himself up too much about it.

Once back outside, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley started passing out plates of food. The kids went off and sat at one table, while the adults were at their own. "So, Professor," Arthur turned to Dumbledore. "Whatever happened to the Dursleys?"

A slight twinkle appeared in his eye, "Well Arthur, it was the strangest thing. I stopped by number 4 Privet drive this morning so that I could have a word with them about Harry's new living situation. However, when I got there, I heard from one of their neighbors that they had moved. It turns out, they were attacked on several occasions by a rabid dog and a wolf. They were bit in several places, I heard that Vernon will most likely never be able to use his left arm again. It's all really quite peculiar."

Molly smirked over at Remus who was absentmindedly scratching Sirius behind the ear. "Yes, very peculiar indeed..."

Professor McGonagall hung her head, "I still can't believe I never knew. I never even noticed that he was wearing a glamor..."

"You can't blame yourself, Minerva," Dumbledore assured. "Harry is a brave lad; he will get through this."

Once everyone had eaten, they moved on to the cake. Harry couldn't stop smiling as he happily chatted with his friends. Bill had somehow ended up covered in frosting, and they all couldn't stop laughing.

Ron walked up to him and nudged his shoulder. "You have a good time?"

"Yeah." Harry smiled at him. "This is the best time of my life..."

Ron chuckled, "It's just a birthday party."

Harry grinned but shook his head, "I don't mean the party." He gestured to the Weasley family, "I mean all this... I mean having... a family..."

Ron gave him a hug, "We're happy to have you mate..."

Harry hugged him back, "And I'm happy to be here... thank you..."

The End.

(A/N - Well guys, that's it. Thank you so much for reading. It really means a lot. I hope you all enjoyed it! :) Bye!)