Chapter 7

"Hey guys Dad and Mum are back!" the four Weasley children ran down to the sitting room to await their parent's arrival.

"Oh, I hope Harry was able to come!" Ron grinned.

"Yeah, it sure would stink if we set up all of those pranks just for it to turn out he wasn't coming over!" George complained and Fred nodded in agreement.

Ginny just rolled her eyes, "You two are just horrible you know that. Honestly, give the guy a break."

"Oh, it sounds like someone sure cares a lot about Mr. Potter." Fred teased.

"Sh... shut up!" her face turned as bright as her hair.

"Ooo now she's blushing!" George smirked. "This must be serious then."

"Bloody Hell!" Ron's eyes widened. "You have a crush on Harry, don't you?"

"I... I do not!" she glared at them.

"Blimey..." Ron muttered in shock. "She really does... That means Harry could wind up being our brother-in-law!"

"Oh, that could be fun!" Fred smiled. "We could pull tons of pranks on him then!"

"Hmm..." George tapped his chin, "Do you think the kids would have red hair or black hair?"

"Probably black," Fred commented. "Since it's the darker color, even if some of Gin's hair did get inherited the black would probably overpower it."

"It could end up kinda brown." Ron pointed out. "I'd bet they'd get Harry's green eyes though. If they did get the red hair the green would pair very nicely."

"Oh, good point, good point." George nodded.

Ginny pulled at her hair and glared at them. "You all are awful! Just awful! You make me sick!" she stormed off to the other side of the room.

Ron snickered, "She must really have it bad with that kind of reaction."

Suddenly, the door burst open. Their parents rushed in, with their mum carrying an unconscious and bloody Harry in her arms.

"What happened to him?!" Their eyes widened in horror and worry.

"We don't have time for questions." Arthur held the door open for his wife. "Ginny, go to the floo and call Madam Pompfrey. Fred and George go get some blankets, towels, and a bucket of water. Ron, help me move the couch closer to the fire."

Arthur and Ron moved the couch so Molly could lay Harry on top of it. The other three Weasley children went off to perform their respective tasks. Ron knelt down next to Harry and took in his appearance. "What happened to him?" he looked up at his mother with tears in his eyes.

She knelt down and hugged him. "Don't worry. He'll be ok as soon as Madam Pompfrey fixes him up. He's safe now..."

"What's the matter?" they looked up and saw Madam Pompfrey and Ginny walking into the room. A second later, Fred and George came in carrying the supplies their dad had asked for. "Oh my..." the mediwitch sat down next to him and immediately got to work.

"Come on kids..." Arthur steered the quartet into the kitchen. "Let's leave your mother and Madam Pompfrey to their work.

"Dad, what is going on?" George said with worry.

When Arthur looked at his children, he saw that all of them had tears welling up in their eyes. "Come here..." he gave them all a big hug. "It's going to be alright. There were some... complications... when we went to pick up Harry..."

"What kind of bloody complications?!" Ron yelled, "What'd you do, run him over with the car?!"

Arthur sighed. "When your mother and I got to Harry's house, he met us at the door. He seemed really upset for some reason. He asked us to leave, but we wanted to know what was going on. His uncle eventually came to the door, and Harry tensed up. He tried to pretend like he didn't know us. His uncle yelled at us when he found out we were wizards and slammed the door in our face. Harry looked terrified. There was obviously something wrong, so we went back later, and found him like this. He... his uncle is the one that did this to him..."

"No..." they all had tears streaming down their cheeks now. Ginny was bawling her eyes out in grief while Fred and George looked angry enough to set the house on fire. Ron on the other hand just stood there. It was clear that he was in shock.

"How... how did I never realize... He's my best mate and... I never noticed..." he muttered.

"You can't blame yourself." Arthur wrapped him in a hug. "You couldn't have known..."

They all stayed silent in their grief for the next hour as Madam Pompfrey did her work. There's no telling what was going through each of their individual heads. One thing was for certain though, from that moment on, they all swore that they would protect Harry with their lives. 

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading!)