Chapter 10

As Harry slowly started to regain consciousness, the first thing that returned was the feeling that his entire body was on fire. He tried to reposition himself, to ease his pain but moving only seemed to make it worse.

He finally opened his eyes only to realize that he was not in his cupboard. Strange. He sat up slowly, making sure to be careful of his injuries. Although to his surprise, some of them had already started healing. Had he drunk some of his healing potion before going to bed? Had he gone to bed? He tried to piece together his swirling memories into some kind of order that made sense.

The last thing he remembered was Mr. and Mrs. Weasley coming by the house and making Uncle Vernon really angry. He then took Harry into the study and hit him over the head with a bottle. Or had he just been imagining all that? Surely Mr. and Mrs. Weasley wouldn't have really just shown up out of the blue like that. What were the chances? Bringing a hand to his face and feeling the bandage around his eye assured him that the part about the bottle hadn't been a dream.

Harry tried to look around the room and figure out where he was, but without his glasses that was almost impossible. He leaned back against the pillows and sighed. Had his uncle brought him to this place just to mess with him? Maybe he wanted to take him somewhere secluded so that he could finally get rid of him. But then, who had bandaged him up?

Suddenly, the door started to creak open. Harry's eyes widened in fear as he saw the outline of a large man walking into the room. This was it he thought. His uncle must have grown tired of him and was now going to kill him. He must have only done this nice stuff for him to lull him into a false sense of security.

Harry tried to back away from the man, but his efforts were thwarted when his back hit the headrest. With nowhere else to go, he shamefully started to cry. If this is where he was going to die, he needn't be brave anymore. "I'm sorry..."

"Shh..." he saw a hand coming towards him and flinched away. "Shh... Harry, it's ok. You don't need to be scared. Here, I brought you your glasses." A second later, the frames were placed onto his nose, and the hands retracted.

Harry blinked a couple times before looking up and letting out a deep breath. "Mr.... Mr. Weasley?"

He took a seat in the chair next to his bed. "I'm right here son. You're safe now."

Harry looked around in confusion, "Where am I?"

He smiled down at him, "You're at the Burrow. Come to think of it, I doubt you've ever been in Charlie's room before. That's probably why you didn't recognize it."

"Hey..." he looked up and saw Mrs. Weasley walking into the room with a tray in her hands. "It's good to see you up."

"What happened?" He asked with confusion. How much did they know? Uncle Vernon would be furious with him if they had found out. He shuddered at the thought of the punishment he would receive after that.

The two Weasleys looked at one another worriedly before turning back to Harry. "We can talk more about it later," Arthur responded. "For right now you just focus on relaxing."

"Here," Mrs. Weasley laid the tray on his lap. "I brought you some soup and some pumpkin juice. Ron said that you liked chicken noodle, so I hope that's alright."

Harry's eyes brightened, "Ron's here?"

She smiled, "Yes he is. In fact," she looked around the room before spotting something on the floor and glaring at it. She picked up what looked like a rubber ear. She held it up to her mouth and yelled into it. "WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU KIDS ABOUT LISTENING IN ON OTHER PEOPLE'S CONVERSATIONS?!"

A moment later, the four youngest Weasleys walked into the room. George was rubbing his ear, "Honestly woman, must you always be so loud?"

"Yeah," Fred added, "I wasn't even wearing the extendable ear, and my head still hurts!"

Molly glared at them, "Don't make me come over there and smack you."

Harry's breath hitched and they all turned back to him. Arthur tried to lay a hand on his shoulder, but he flinched away. "Don't worry, she was only joking..."

Molly had to keep herself from bursting into to tears. "I'm sorry Harry. Don't worry, I'd never lay a hand on any of my kids..." Or you for that matter... but she left that bit unsaid.

Ron was smiling at him sadly as he came over to the other side of the bed. "Hey mate. It's been a while."

"Good to see you too." He smiled back at him as Ron gave him a big hug, trying to avoid his injuries.

"Well, isn't this just a big happy reunion?" Fred teased.

George wiped fake tears from his eyes, "It just makes you want to cry, doesn't it?"

"Wait, there's someone missing!" Ginny quickly got up and ran downstairs. A moment later, she returned with a large birdcage.

"Hedwig!" Harry's face lit up as she opened the door to her cage and the snowy owl flew over to him. She started rubbing her head against his, and he laughed at the affection. "I've missed you so much..." he picked up a cracker from his try and held it out for her to nibble on.

Ron huffed, "Scabbers never treated me like that after I had been gone for a few days..."

Fred rolled his eyes, "Yeah, and Scabbers also turned out to be a creepy old man in his fifties. Did you really want him rubbing himself all over you?"

Ron blushed, "Point taken..."

Molly put a hand on Arthur's shoulder, and he stood up. "We'll leave you kids to catch up. We can... discuss some things more tomorrow..."

The other Weasleys faces took on a serious look before quickly jumping back to that of joy. They all started chatting with Harry about a wide range of topics and gossip that he had missed out on over the last couple months. The two elder Weasleys smiled as they quietly closed the door. They were leaving him in good hands... 

(A/N - Hey guys! Thanks for reading!)