Chapter 13

"Knock knock..." Harry shot up and staired as Mrs. Weasley walked into the room.
"Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

Harry quickly threw off the covers and tried to sit up. "I'm sorry. I over slept..."

"Woah slow down..." she gently leaned him back towards the bed. "No need to be sorry luv, you're still recovering. You need your rest."

He looked at her in confusion, "Don't you want me to make breakfast?"

Now it was her turn to be perplexed, "Of course not! Why would you think that?"

"I always make breakfast." He stated as if it should be obvious.

She gently put a hand on his shoulder, "Well you don't need to do that anymore. Just let me take care of the cooking ok?"

He nodded slowly, still having no idea what was going on, but today he was going to get some answers. "Where's my aunt and uncle?"

He watched as Mrs. Weasley chewed her lip nervously, "They're at home..."

"Do they know I'm here?" he asked.

She glanced out the window, "Yes... they said you could come..."

At this, Harry became even more skeptical. "They let me come?"

She nodded and absentmindedly started tidying up the room. "Yes, they gave you their permission to stay with us for a while."

Harry stared at her blankly, "No they didn't."

She sighed and took a seat on Harry's bed. She rested a hand on his leg, and he jumped a bit at the contact. "Harry, you know that we all love you right?" he looked at her in confusion. "Over these last couple of years, you've become a part of the family." She continued. "And family looks out for one another. They protect each other..."

"I... don't follow..." He didn't understand what she was getting at.

"It's ok." She gently kissed him on the forehead before standing up. "You'll get it eventually. For right now, I brought you some of Ron's old clothes for you to change in to. If you feel up for it, we're having breakfast down in the kitchen. Oh, and you have a guest." She teased as she stepped outside to give him a moment of privacy.

Harry slowly got out of bed and noticed that he was feeling much better than he had yesterday. He almost felt as good as he did after a healing session with Madam Pompfrey. Mrs. Weasley must be a pretty good healer.

He walked over to the pile of clothes that she had left for him and started to put them on. They were a little big on him, but they fit much better than any of Dudley's hand me downs. Once he was finished, he opened the door back up for Mrs. Weasley.

She smiled at him sadly, "Let's go get you some breakfast." She had to use all of her will power to keep herself from dwelling on the fact that the clothes he was currently wearing, were from back when Ron was eight. And they were still too big on him.

She put one hand around his shoulders as she slowly helped Harry hobble down the stairs. His leg was feeling a lot better than it had been, but it was still pretty sore.

"Harry!" everyone at the table beamed up at him as he came down the stairs.

"Hermione?" He said in surprise.

"Oh, Harry it's so good to see you!" she ran over to him and gave him a tight hug. She practically towered over him and had to bend her knees to get down to a more comfortable level. Ron had warned her about Harry's injuries before he came down stairs, but never in a thousand years had she expected them to be this bad. She had already thought of a hundred separate hexes she was going to perform on that horrible man as soon as she got the chance.

"This is a surprise." He smiled at he as she finally loosened her grip.

"I decided to stop by when Ron told me you were staying here for a while." She replied.

Harry looked over to Mr. Weasley, "How long will I be staying here?"

The man glanced over at his wife then turned back to Harry. "We have a couple things we need to discuss after breakfast, but for right now let's eat before the food gets cold. Besides, there's one more person who's planning on stopping by."

Harry wasn't sure what any of this meant, but he took a seat in between Ron and Hermione and started eating. He wasn't very hungry, but every time he ate what was on his plate, one of them added something else. He didn't want to waste the food, but he also didn't want to make himself sick. He eventually got the idea to put his napkin over his plate, so they couldn't add anything else. They gave each other a defeated look before going back to their own meals.

Once breakfast was finished, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley cleaned up. Harry had offered to help but they had insisted that they had it handled and that he should go sit in the living room with the other kids.

"So, how's your summer been Hermione?" he asked.

She just gave him a shrug. "Oh, you know me, just working on getting all my homework done early. What about you?" she asked cautiously. "How has your summer been?"

He shrugged as well, "It's been good. Just the same as usual. I can't complain." For some reason they all seemed to frown at that last statement, and he wasn't sure why.

Suddenly, the floo fired up. Mr. Weasley went over to it, and a second later out popped Professor Dumbledore.

"Hello Professor!" they all greeted.

"Hello children!" his eyes landed on Harry sadly, "Hello Harry..." he was starting to become uncomfortable about all of this extra attention he was getting. It was rather unnerving.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley came in and sat down. They gave Dumbledore a nod before Mr. Weasley turned to Harry. "Harry, there's something we need to discuss with you..."

(A/N - hey guys! Thanks for reading. Sorry if the formatting is weird I'm uploading this on my phone cuz I forgot to upload this weekend and am already in bed. My bad lol. I hope you liked it!)