Accord-ing to who?

Start from the beginning

As Stiles enters his and Wanda's shared room, he spots her sitting on their bed, listening as the news reporter blames her for what happened. Grabbing the remote he turns the TV off. Stiles then makes his way towards Wanda, grabbing a chair so he can sit in front of her. "Its my fault." She speaks up, not taking her eyes away from the TV. 

"Hey, you know that's not true." Stiles speaks up, carefully cupping Wanda's face with his hands and directing her head so she looks into her eyes, as they do both sets glow a different shade of red. "You helped. Trust me. If not for you dozens more would have died including Steve. You cannot let this get to you." Stiles tries but Wanda breaks the eye contact and looks down at her lap. 

Stiles lets out a heartfelt sigh, standing up he moves to sit beside Wanda on their bed as he lets silence encompass the two. "People died." He starts, Wanda looks to him out of the corner of her eye. "I should have been able to save them," He states with a dry laugh looking down at the red veins that flow through his arms. "Gods, I have the power to change reality to how I see fit and can't even save 4 people. It's on me."

"It's on both of us." Wanda declares, shuffling closer she lays her head on Stiles' shoulder. 

"This job... we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that... then next time... maybe nobody gets saved." Stiles states. Wanda nods sadly, before pressing a chaste and loving kiss to the underside of Stiles' jaw. Stiles responds by kissing the top of her head. 

The moment is hastily interrupted when Vision walks waltzes through the wall of the couples bedroom. "Vis! We talked about this." Wanda points out. 

Vision gains a confused look on his face, "Yes but the door was open so I assumed it wasn't like the last time when I-" Vision is interrupted by Stiles, who almost laughs at the shade of red Wanda's face became. 

"It's fine Vis. Just please knock next time, even on the wall before you enter if that helps you." Stiles helps. Vision looks towards Stiles and gives him a nod, while Wanda just cuddles into Stiles. 

"Captain Rogers wanted me to tell you that Mr. Stark has arrived." Vision informs the pair, Stiles offers a thankful nod to the lifeform. 

"Thank you, we will be right down." 

"Okay" Vision responds before going to phase through the wall again, stopping himself, he bashfully looks towards the two before correcting himself. "I'll use the door." He finishes before taking his leave. "Oh and apparently he's brought a guest." 

"Who?" Stiles slightly perks up.

"The secretary of state." Vision answers before leaving, Stiles perks down once more and takes a look at Wanda who looks worried. 

"Don't worry," He starts before giving Wanda a quick peck. "I'll be right by your side." Wanda nods before the two stand and move to greet Ross.

"5 years ago I had a heart attack... and dropped, right in the middle of my backswing. Turned out it was the best round of my life because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass. I had found something 40 years in the army had never taught me. Perspective." General Ross explains to the present Avengers, Stiles, Wanda, Steve, Vision and Nat all sit at the table in front of Ross while Sam, Rhodey and Tony all stand or sit around the room.

"The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt, you have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives... but while a great many of people see you as heroes, there are some who would prefer the word Vigilantes."

The room is silent for a moment before Natasha speaks up, "And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?"

"How about dangerous?" Ross fires back, "What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict there will, wherever they choose; and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?"