chapter 22

POV: Sonic
I woke up in a hospital bed. I looked to the side and saw Shadow sitting next to the bed. His head was resting on the bedding.

"Eh?!-" I only just noticed he was holding my hand.

Shadow shot up and looked at me. "You're awake. How are you feeling?" He asked me.

"Nauseous.. Cold and warm.." I answered. My side was stinging. I moved the blanket out of the way. My fur had been burned away and I could see the burns. It was just part of my side and arm.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean for you to be caught in the chaos blast." Shadow rubbed the back of his head as he looked away.

I blinked. I didn't know what he was talking about. My memory is failing me again. "I don't.. know." I said. "No, wait- flashes." I held my head.

It was a lot at once. "G.U.N. was at my door. There was a wolf with them. I heard gunshots. The wolf cornered me- He shot me!- I should be dead-" Confusion overtook me. He had the gun against my forehead when he shot me. I should be dead.

"It was an illusional bullet." Shadow said.

"..What does that even mean?"

"Well, uhm, it's not a real bullet. It's.. just an illusion." He didn't seem to know how to explain it.

"After that it's foggy. But I do remember seeing you and him fighting. He was strangling you. I saw a gun and shot him." I continued with what I remembered.

"How were you able to use the gun?" Shadow asked.

I tilted my head. "What do you mean? I just used it. I may not use weapons but I do know how to use them if needed."

"Never mind." Shadow was acting so strange. First of he wasn't being a jerk to me. He seemed to be concerned. And we were talking for once, instead of fighting.

I got more flashes of memories. It was me and the wolf on the couch. He put his fingers in me. What is going on?! What is he doing?! What am I doing?! The fuck is this?!

My face turned red. My mind had to be playing tricks. That couldn't have happened. We couldn't have. I hid my face in my hands.

"Are you okay?" Shadow placed his hand on my forehead. "You're all red. Your fever might be getting worse."

"Ah yes- it's the fever! Definitely not something crossing my mind." I laughed nervously.

"What did you just remember?" Shadow asked. "He touched you, didn't he?" He sounded angered.

"Uh-.." Ah yes. Tell your rival you got fingered by this random dude and jerked him off, I wasn't going to tell him.

"He will never touch you again. I made sure of that."

"Won't you get in trouble for killing him?" I asked. I thought he might be sent to prison for murder.

"He was a criminal that escaped from G.U.N. He was wanted for rape and murder. I won't get in trouble for shooting that bastard. He might as well have gotten the death penalty when G.U.N. was done with him."

"Oh.." I had sex with a criminal. It wasn't even rape, I was into it. What is wrong with me?

"Something wrong?"

"It's nothing.."

"It wasn't rape, was it?" Shadow asked. I shook my head. "That's what the gun does. When he shot you, he seduced you. I don't exactly know how it works but when you get shot with an illusional bullet, you get seduced."

POV: Shadow
Maybe I should tell him about when I had the gun, I thought. No. That would ruin everything.

I glanced at Sonic's hand. I thought about giving it a shot. I held his hand and looked away, blushing. Sonic didn't pull his hand back. I glanced over at him. He was looking away and blushing too.

I let go of his hand. I can't do this. I don't even know what to say.

I cleared my throat. "Anyway, you're good to go. The burns are minor and the fever will settle. They do recommend aspirin."

"A-Alright." Sonic fiddled with his gloves.

"I might come by to check on you later." I said.

Sonic nodded and got out of bed. He looked at me and blushed. "See you later." He said then kissed my cheek.

My face turned deep red. Did he just- He kissed me on the cheek!, I thought. My tail wagged like crazy. He kissed me!

Only when I snapped out of it I noticed he had left. He walked out on me.