chapter 16

POV: Shadow
While Rouge and I were arguing about how much I had screwed up Sonic, I thought back of G.U.N.

"Shit- G.U.N. is going to be after me." I grumbled to myself.

"We're not done with the argument yet." Rouge put a hand on her hip.

"I can't stay. They will be coming after me." I started to head for the door. "After you left for the weekend, I went to tell the Commander I will be off for the weekend as well. I had to be away from both the gun and Maxcel. He told me I can't and locked me in one of the cells. They put the gun under my nose and that's when I lost it. I took the gun and escaped." I told her the shortened story. "The Commander must have sent a troop out to get me. I can't stay. I don't want to drag you into this."

"You already did." Rouge pointed out.

"That's so. But you're not in this mess with G.U.N. yet." I opened the front door.

"Wait- where are you going?" Rouge followed me out.

"I can't tell. I can't have you snitching." I turned to look at her and gave her a small grin.

"There goes my plan." Rouge grinned back and leaned against the doorframe.

"Take care of Sonic for me." I said more seriously. I wanted him to be okay and I couldn't be the one to check on him.

"I will, Hun. Don't worry about him." She told me. I nodded then walked away.

I had no place to go. I had nowhere to stay. I would just go elsewhere. Somewhere that was away from G.U.N., Rouge, and Sonic. But I knew I couldn't hide forever.

POV: 3rd person
At G.U.N. HQ the agents that were around Shadow when he escaped had tried to catch him without any success. They had said that the alarm was a malfunction since none of them had the gut to tell the commander his project had escaped.

Once Tower found out Shadow wasn't in the cell anymore, he was livid at the agents who let him escape. They got fired on the spot.

The commander sent out Team Alpha to get Project Shadow back. Their first stop was Rouge's house. Meanwhile, Tower went to talk with the wolf.

"I won't talk." Maxcel said, crossing his arms, when he saw the commander enter.

"That you're still here. I thought your friend would have broken you out. Seems he has left you behind, and stole from you." Tower sat at the table. Maxcel raised an eyebrow but said nothing. "Unbelievable that he took your gun and left with it while he left you here." The man shook his head.

"Who?" Maxcel snarled. It could only be one person but he wanted to hear it. He wanted to hear the name of the one who betrayed him.

"Shadow the Hedgehog."

"That fucker! How dare he!? And that after we bonded! Revenge, I must have revenge. No one takes from me and gets away with it! That and he also left me here! You don't leave your twin behind!" The wolf was angered.

"Maybe we can come to an agreement." The commander suggested.

Maxcel's ear twitched. "I am listening."

"I like your style. Killing the ones that unsatisfy you. You just want to have fun. Now what if you can have that fun without the government being after you?"

"I am listening more closely." It perked an interest by the wolf.

"You can have your gun, you can go on sex rampages. You will never get arrested. I ask only very little in return."

"Hmm. And what may this little thing be?" Maxcel cocked his head to the side. He didn't think it was so little.

"You can have your revenge on Shadow. But you cannot kill him. He is my property, my weapon. You can be free and do as you please, but you keep Project Shadow in line. It seems that gun is a weakness to him."

The criminal didn't have to think for long. "You got yourself a deal, Commander." Maxcel grinned.

"That is what I like to hear."

Heartshot (SONADOW)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें