chapter 14

POV: 3rd person
Rouge was enjoying her weekend. No G.U.N., just relaxation. Though her mind did wander to Shadow. She hoped he was doing okay. She felt bad for being part of the reason Shadow that was keeping shut about his feelings.

She perked up when she heard on knock on the door. She paused the tv that had a beauty show on and went to answer the door. "Shadow- What a surprise to see you here. A nice surprise." She smiled. "Ew. What happened to you? You're dirty." She said before noticing how anxious and panicked he looked.

"Come in." Rouge stepped aside to let him in. "Are you okay..?" She asked concerned.

"No-.. I'm not..! I'm- I'm-.. I'm feeling a lot right now..!" Shadow paced around, his hands tugging on his quills.

Rouge sat down on the sofa. "Come sit." She patted the spot next to her. Slightly against his will Shadow sat down. "What happened?" The bat asked him.

Shadow took the gun out of his quills and handed it to her. "Take it- I don't want it!"

"I can't just take it-" Rouge put her hands up, being taken back by suddenly getting a gun pushed to her. "Did you kill someone?!" She didn't realize it was Maxcel's gun. Shadow's hand was covering the heart.

"Take it away from me..! It's pulling on me like it does with Maxcel!" Shadow yelled and basically threw the gun at Rouge. Now realizing what this was about, Rouge caught the gun and looked around for where to put it. She didn't know where to put it so she put it under some decorative pillows to have it out of sight.

"So..," Rouge rubbed her temple. "What exactly is going on? What is the gun doing to you?"

"It whispered to me.. It took control of me- I used it..!" Shadow tugged on his quills. "It's like Maxcel said- I'm becoming like him.. against my own will..!"

"So you did murder someone?!"

Shadow shook his head rapidly. "No. The gun has another feature. It can fire an illusion bullet.. that seduces the one it hits.."

"Oh- Shadow, what did you do?!" It had to sink in by Rouge before she got what that meant. "Who did you shoot?!"

"I didn't mean to-! It got me to-! I didn't want to do this to him—" Shadow stopped talking. Too much had slipped out. He couldn't tell her about his crush.

"Him? So, you do have a crush? Is that why you never told me? Because you thought I wouldn't accept your homosexuality?" Rouge asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Shadow shook his head. "If you hear who it is.. you.." He didn't know what to say. What she would think. But she will probably find it ridiculous.

Rouge had absolutely no idea who it could be. Shadow hardly socialized with anyone and the guys that he knew he was 'mean' to, like Sonic. "I will not judge you. I'm glad to hear that you found someone you have feelings for."

Shadow looked over at her. Her not judging him, he didn't believe it. She would judge him for how he was acting to his crush, which is definitely not how you should act towards someone you have feelings for.

"It's.. It is.. S..Sonic.." Shadow managed to get out. He looked down and fiddled with his inhibitor ring. It went silent. After a while of silence, Shadow spoke up. "See.. That's why I didn't say anything."

"I'm just.. taking it in. I think he is really good for you." Rouge said.

Shadow perked up and looked at her. "Really? You do think so?"

Rouge nodded. "He's the opposite of you. And I think you could really use that." She said. "Though. If you love him, why are you being a dick to him?" She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Because.. I love him but I don't want to lose him. I don't want to get attached and then lose him. Still.. I got attached even if I stayed away from him. Also, we would never end up together.. Everytime I see him I think of us and then realization hits me that it will never be, and that stings.. So by being a dick I'm trying to keep myself from loving him so my heart won't hurt as much.." Shadow spoke and his ears lowered.

That really got to Rouge. She hugged him. "Oh Shadow.." She tried to give comfort with the hug. "There is always a chance. You got your gender with. I don't think he's into girls. Seeing as he keeps rejecting Amy."

"That doesn't say anything. She's is a brat, an obsessive brat." Shadow grumbled.

"You can always give it a try Shadow. Maybe he will return those feelings." Rouge told him.

Shadow shook his head. "Not anymore.. Not after last night." He put his face in his hands.

"Oh.. right." Rouge had shortly forgotten about that.

"Rouge, could you check up on him for me? I can't come face to face to him- But I need to know how he is doing, if he's hurt.." Shadow said. He looked at the bat, pleading her.

"I can do that."