The Devil Comes on Sunday

The door opened silently, and her gentle steps were not disruptive. She was a new face to the little congregation, but they were used to visitors, unlike most small town churches, and welcomed travellers. A few smiled, and continued listening to the sermon that was being presented. She stood at the back of the room, behind the circle of listeners. Her face was placid and not unkind, and she gave off little aura though she stood tall in a dark wool coat. When the sermon was concluded, the group of little church-goers stood and mingled, many pale faces turning to her.
"Hello!" said the short man who had been speaking before, leading the introductions.
"Welcome ma'am, to our little Family. Are you new in town?" He a humorous and somewhat squeaky southern drawl.
She gave a small smile. "I thank you. I'm not new, I've just never met any of you yet." her voice was low but still dangerously feminine and calm.
"So," began the little man with a large smile. "What brings you, Miss, to our humble establishment?”
She looked at the ground for a second, still with that small smile and blinked slowly. She raised her head, and a strange, curved blade slid from her sleeve and into her gray palm.
"Why," she began softly, her eyes piercing, "I'm here to reap your souls."