75 and breezy

Mia's POV:

July 7th, 2018

TW

Fit Check:

Standing in front of the dojo was a different type of torture, it was way too hot to even function today

Standing in front of the dojo was a different type of torture, it was way too hot to even function today. Nothing severe has happened between Robby and me since the 4th of July, just playful bantering like normal. 

I was ready to jump into the pond it was THAT hot out. I looked over at Robby to find that he was drinking from MY water bottle. "Robby!"

"What?" He groaned.

"Drink your own water,"

"I did already,"

I rolled my eyes as Demetri started a rant about how hot it was and I watched as he leaned onto Sam making me have to contain my laughter. I walked over to the tree that everyone was huddled under and looked between Robby and Sasha, who were both sweating. Mr. LaRusso walked outside and clapped his hands together, "All right, guys. Get out from under that tree. It's time to get to work."

Everyone groaned and stood up. "Hey, Mr. LaRusso, it's like 100 degrees out. Can't we take it easy today?" Robby asked.

"Are you kidding?" Mr. LaRusso started, "This heat wave is a gift. Today you are going to experience Shochu-Geiko."

"Like the car insurance?" Knox asked making me laugh.

"Shochu-Geiko is a Japanese exercise, where you train during the hottest days of the year. It's about pushing yourself to your limit. The fight isn't always gonna come when it's 75 degrees and breezy." Mr. LaRusso replied.

"Aren't we supposed to avoid fighting?" Sam questioned.

"Sometimes you can't," Mr. LaRusso added. "Someday, the fight may come to you and I wanna make sure you're ready. So, today, we're gonna see what Miyagi-Do is made of."

I sighed, "So what exactly do you have in mind?"

"Follow me," Mr. LaRusso said and led us to the front of the dojo. "Robby is in the middle, and everyone else make a circle around him. I'm going to give you each a number, and when I call that number you attack whoever is in the middle. Mia 1, Sam 2, Keegan 3, Sasha 4, Demetri 5, Gage 6, Chris 7, and Knox 8. We will go from there. Robby has to utilize his senses and defend himself."

"Okay, I'm ready," Robby said after removing his shirt leaving him in his converse and brown shorts.

"Three!"

Keegan went after Robby and Robby was able to block his punch. Robby retaliated with a kick to Keegan's stomach.

"One!" Robby's back was facing me and I was able to sneak up on him.

I caught Robby off guard and dodged his punch as he turned to face me, I knocked him off his feet and smiled. "Got you." I extended my hand and helped him to his feet.