VI - 7

This week is over since 4 days now. It's December 31st. I'm laying in this room, that never felt like my room. My policeman fell asleep in the armchair he always sits in when he's not sitting at the edge of my bed, reading out to me, telling me about the crimes he had to deal with or watching me sleep. We didn't even try to make it to midnight. I would usually have fallen asleep before him. But I can't fall asleep. I'm scared that it'll be permanent. We never talked about it, but we both know that it's coming to an end soon. I shouldn't even be here anymore. He hugs me tighter, kisses me more, tells me how much he loves me every time before I fall asleep, scared that it might be the last thing I get to hear and doesn't look at me like he's searching for a way to heal me anymore, instead he's looking at me like he's trying to burn every inch of me in his memory. God, I love him so much. And I wish I could've shown it everyone. He was the sun. And I was the moon. The world wasn't ready to see us together yet. Maybe in another lifetime. Maybe in another lifetime, where I am the ocean and he's the beach. Where I kiss him with every wave and no one would ever be able to keep us apart and everyone would be used to us together. Where we'd never questioned us. Where we could just be.

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you

Maybe if I write these enough times our story will last a little longer.

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you

I love you

And don't worry darling, I made it to 2000.