• 12 • - "𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞?"

"HEY HOZUKI! We leave in three days, be ready by then okay?"
___________________________
.
.
.
.

(Y/n) for the very first time, actually woke up early out of the excitement of going to a completely foreign country. And not to mention that I haven't even been to the living realm for centuries, no, millennia! She giddily slug her suitcase over her shoulder like she would with a sword and swayed side to side, waiting for her companion to arrive at the restaurant they agreed on. Finally, she caught sight of him in her peripheral vision and joyfully waved her free hand.

"It seems you're in a good mood." Hozuki sat down beside (Y/n), propping his own luggage beside him. "(L/n) who's up early and actually happy, this is a first for me."

"Oh shut up you workaholic, this is my first time going to the realm of the living after so long. Don't ruin this for me!" She scoffed and turned her head to the other side.

Hozuki let out the slightest "tch" at (Y/n)'s childish antics before taking out and putting on a strange blue hat that covered both his pointed ears and singular horn. He handed over a brown hat of a similar shape to (Y/n), implying that she do the same.

"Ew, you're not going to make me wear that are you?" (Y/n) retorted, pointing at the weird hat.

"You have to cover your ears and horns, humans aren't exactly supposed to see them." He replied in the same flat tone he always used, offering her a white surgical mask with his free hand. "And wear a mask, to cover your teeth"

(Y/n) grabbed the mask and put it on, rolling her eyes and opening up her bag. "I'll take the mask, but keep that hat away from me. It's gross. And plus, I already have something to cover up my inhuman traits."

She removed a hoodie that was about one size too big and a pair of black jeans from the bag and walked over to the women's restroom, and came out holding her slightly stained white yukata she was previously wearing. She looked at Hozuki expecting him to do the same, before realizing that he was genuinely going to go into the human realm wearing the same attire equivalent to the atmosphere of a funeral. With an audible huff, she grabbed him by the hand and dragged him over to a stray clothing store that was conveniently only a few blocks away from the restaurant.

Example of what (Y/n) is wearing (don't make fun of the "lineart" I was high on sleep deprivation):

(Also I'm trash at making outfits.)

"(L/n), what are we doing here?" Hozuki questioned, sitting on a black pouf in the corner of the clothing store as he observed (Y/n) picking up and checking the sizes of shirts and pants.

"Oi Hozuki, what size are you?" she yelled across the shop, checking the tag of a pair of jeans.
___________________________
.
.
.
.

After picking out an outfit she deemed appropriate and tossing them over to Hozuki before ushering the confused demon into a stall, she shut the red velvet curtain that separated the two and waited patiently as the other got changed.

(Y/n) waited patiently for Hozuki whilst checking herself out in front of the huge mirror, noticing the sound of curtains being pushed away. Hozuki had his head stuck out, looking slightly irritated. Clearly unfamiliar with the clothes that were chosen for him.

 Clearly unfamiliar with the clothes that were chosen for him

He walked up to (Y/n) and pointed a sharp finger at the hood.

"What is this?" He fumed, and fidgeted with the turtleneck "this is far too large and this turtleneck is uncomfortable."

(Y/n) chuckled and pat his shoulder, "you'll get used to it eventually, it's a little basic but if anything, it's better than what you were just wearing!"

"Then what about my horn?-"

"You can keep the weird hat, the hood sorta hides the shape of it so it'll look better." (Y/n) cut off, sliding some money over to the demon at the desk and quietly whispered at them to keep the change.

"Alright alright, let's just go already." He shook his head and took (Y/n)'s hand, unaware of his actions, and brought her to the place where the veil between the realm of the dead and the realm of the living is the thinnest.

(Y/n) on the other hand, very much noticed his sudden gesture. The faintest blush dusting her cheeks as she walked beside him. But all was forgotten as she looked up and saw the veil. She could practically see the other world from here, blue skies contrasted the seemingly unending red and the green foliage looked completely misplaced in the barren wasteland of hell. It was as if someone had taken out a piece of hell and replaced it with a slice of earth.

"Damn..." (Y/n) mumbled to herself, mesmerised by the sight. "Heh, well it's been three thousand years since I've last seen you!"

"Shut up, let's just go."

(850 words)

A/N: Yea so I might have forgotten how demons go from one world to the next in the anime so yea.

Addon: no I did not die I just have a funny thing called SCHOOL!! !1! ! ! !!