Chapter 2: Muara Village

We finally arrived at Muara Village and stopped by a nearby inn to get some food and rest since it was getting dark by the time we arrived. We walked into the inn and got a table ordering food from the menu that was provided to us. Once we finished eating, we went to our rooms to sleep.

Yuki tossed and turned in her bed, unable to sleep. She tossed the blankets off and walked out of her room. Yuki left the inn and headed toward a well, getting water from the bucket and pouring it into a cup she brought with her. She drank the water and exhaled, feeling refreshed after drinking the water. Yuki's ear twitched as she looked out toward the woods.

"Who's there?! Come on out!"

Yuki heard the noise getting closer and went to pull out her sword but realized she didn't bring it with her. A figure walked out of the woods, shocking Yuki when she realized it was Michi.

"You're the one I faced in the castal tournament! What are you doing here?"

"I'm surprised you remember me, but we have no time to talk."

Michi charged at Yuki, creating a sword from a leaf she grabbed from a bush and thrusted the weapon forward, but Yuki dodged the attack. Yuki jumped back and ran back to the inn. Michi smiled and held out her hand.

"There's no point in running."

The ground in front of Yuki began to crumble, and soon enough, the ground gave way, sending Yuki falling into pitch-black darkness. Yuki got up, examined her surroundings, and noticed Michi standing a few feet in front of her. Yuki got up and smiled.

"Doing this again won't do you any good."

Michi began to laugh.

"You think I want to fight you? I'm only doing this to give you a warning."

Michi lifted her hands, causing three orbs to appear behind her. Yuki looked at the orbs and noticed their colors represented, Me, Matt, and Leo.

"Sometime in the morning, a monster will appear and attack the village. You must defeat it, and the Neon Cavaliers I captured will be returned to you, but fail.."

Michi clenched her fist, destroying the three orbs.

"I assume you understand?"

Yuki got up from the bed, breathing heavily, and looked out the window seeing the sunrise. She rushed out of her room and headed to mine, thrusting the door open. Yuki looked at my bed and noticed I wasn't there and figured I got up before her and went to get some breakfast.

Yuki ran to the dining room and realized that I wasn't there. Yuutsuna approached Yuki, asking why she looked distressed.

"Alex, Matt, and Leo are missing. Michi appeared to me in a dream, telling me she took them away."

Ruby asked Yuki to take a deep breath and calm down. Yuki did what Ruby asked and explained what Michi said to her in the dream.

"Alright, I understand now. You go and evacuate the townsfolk before this monster shows up while I wake up Yuutsuna, Raolet, and Autumn."

Yuki ran out of the inn, headed to the town bell, and rang it. Once a minute passed, Yuki rang the bell again but realized that Michi must have captured the civilians. Yuki saw Ruby with Autumn, Raolet, and Yuutsuna and headed toward them.

"Michi took the villagers. I guess she didn't want any casualties when we fight the monster, by the looks of it."

As they were talking, Raolet saw something fly toward them, quickly pointing it out.

"Is that it?"

The monster flew over them, and once it landed on the ground, it revealed itself to be a Sphinx.