Jacob stared at me long enough, and then, the fact that I could see him—in my mind. See how his fingers tangled gently between the pieces of hair that fell on my face. He did all that—Jacob Black tucked it behind my ear and pulled me close to him. "I see you, Jake." He opened his mouth to ask but I beat him to it from my mere excitement. "I see you in my head, I see you, your pack. I see your form and everything else. Jacob, I could finally see you."

I knew he did something to test me when his right arm flinched to surprise me but I was able to hold on to it before it could. The act definitely catching him by surprise. "No way!" I nodded, laughing. I'd cry if I could. "Oh my god. That's amazing!" He reached for me and embraced me whole. "You're amazing, Jade Cullen. And I love you."

"I love you, Jake."

A soft knock reverberated from the door and it opened to Bella's worried features. I knew they needed time to talk so I excused myself out of the house and found that the rest of the pack was still there, waiting, and Carlisle's car already gone. I made a beeline towards Paul just by Jacob's motorcycle parked at the side, making sure to thank him for his deliberate promise. "You know," he began, already chuckling, "I literally didn't let him close his eyes. I said I had to see his pupils every five seconds that he almost kicked my face off the earth."

I laughed, imagining how funny and equally nerve-wracking that must've been. "Thank you for doing that, Paul. I owe you one."

He sure was glad of the concept of debts when his face practically lit up. No doubt already devising plans to mess with me and maybe shave my head, too. They may hold their own sacred but it could still grow back. Ours wouldn't even if I begged and bawled my eyes out. "I'll have to mull the offer over. I'm gonna need three days to prepare for the opportunity of a lifetime." And I'm not wrong.

"How many times have I reminded you that you're such an idiot?"

Paul grinned, "One too much, Jadey Jade."

I drew my head back and saw Seth a few inches beside, looking up. I followed the way of his gaze and found that the moon, albeit shining brightly amidst the gloomy sky, was slowly being sunken by darkness. I watched as it covered the moon with its darkness, entirely with no means of escape until it budged, just a bit, and all at once. "Eclipse." Seth muttered quietly, as if we're the only ones to be able to see it.

"Is it over?" I heard Paul asked lowly and full of hope.

"I hope so."

-

"I'm not asking again, Jacob. Slow the hell down or you'll throw us both in jail for speeding. God knows how Charlie's already beyond pissed at me when I got that ticket the other day! I mean—would you believe it? I wasn't even on the highway! Unbelievable!"

Jacob continued down the road like his own boss when he revved the motorcycle back to the rez in full speed, or the fullest that it could do. Because even if I know he tried his best fixing this junk—it still sound like it. Junk that seemed to be giving out any minute now. "He's not gonna throw me in jail. The man likes me." I rolled my eyes and almost did slapped him at the back of his head when I remembered he specifically made both of us wear helmets to look as normal as we can. Jacob's safe, for now. "You, however, I think he still got a couple of reservations." He added, laughing at his own stupid joke.

"I regret coming with you, did you know that?"

He continued, knowing the truck following must've already missed us back at the highway. They know where they're going but I feel like it was agreed to follow. Little ol' wolf boy didn't listen though. To the truck that carried the new bed and mattress that I bought for his massive ass. The one he got back home gave out when we... well, it tore in half and it was partly my fault, so we made our way to town for a new one. I didn't know how we'll make it fit on his door but I agreed he needed something bigger than the one that broke.