Blurs of Memories

Jimmy's heart pounded in his throat. He didn't know what to do. 'Lizzie's definitely gonna kill me' he said mentally.

"Lizzie, I thought you was asleep.." He stated as he ducked his head back down.

"I was.. But Norman had tried settling on me, and you know he only does that if you're not there.." She replied flatly. "Now, who were you talking to?" Lizzie seemed suspicious of him. 

"Um, nobody! I was just talking to myself! We're so alone out here that I tend to do so just to clear my thoughts.." He lied. Lizzie didn't seem convinced. "You won't let me see anybody!" Jimmy added on swiftly.

"Look, Jimmy. I know you want to see people-" She began

"Then why can't I? If they care about me as a person they wouldn't care about this!" He gestured to himself as he spoke. "They worry about us Lizzie. Do you even remember Joel anymore?" Lizzie was about to speak, then fell silent from regret. A small clapping sound was heard from above.

"Scar!" A voice hissed as the sound died out. Lizzie swam past Jimmy towards where it had come from. Jimmy knew that either way, he couldn't stop her. She noticed the boat hidden behind a nearby lilypad, and scowled towards Jimmy.

"You brought them here, didn't you.." Lizzie said. "How do you know that they won't tell the other empires Jimmy?"

"We wouldn't." One of the voices from the boat answered. "We're not like that Lizzie." Jimmy sighed in relief. He surfaced and smiled at the pair, before gesturing for his seabling to do the same.

-POV Change -

Lizzie backed away a little. Jimmy had told people about them. They said they weren't going to tell anyone, but she didn't feel safe. She felt betrayed. She wanted to get as far away as possible, but couldn't bring herself to.

"Lizzie. It's okay.. Grian and Scar are here for support.." Jimmy insisted.  She stayed frozen in place, her only movement being the light waving of her tail. "Please.." 

"Jimmy... I, I can't!" She blurted out before forcing herself away, escaping into the shadow of the Prisma Palace. She hid herself behind her hands, but it hadn't made her feel any better, only worse. She tried thinking of her allies: Joel, Katherine, Pixlriffs, Pearl and Gem, but their faces were just blurs of her memory. "I don't deserve them. They cared about me and Jimmy, yet I hid from them, and forced Jimmy to do the same..." She confessed, Invisible tears leaking from her eyes as she did so.  "What was I thinking? They never deserved this, to be shunned when I needed them most.. I've virtually forgotten what they looked like." 

Clenching her fists, Lizzie headed to the surface.

-P.O.V Change- 

"Lizzie!" Jimmy would call out into the ocean. No reply. "I did this... She wouldn't have went off if I had just listened to her!"

"Timmy, it's not your fault.." Grian tried re-assuring him. They docked by Jimmy's embassy lilypad, and the three of them stood upon it, looking towards the rising sun.

"Do you think she'll come back? I'm worried about her.." Jimmy asked. His tail quivered a little.

"I hope so. You two seem close." Scar replied, a soft smile on his face.

"We're seablings, why wouldn't we be?" He replied. Both hermits looked somewhat confused, and Jimmy sighed. "Lizzie and I are separated 'seablings' who had forgotten each other due to leaving the ocean. We're trying to remember our past, and those books over there have been helping." He gestured to three lecterns, each bearing a book. 

"Ah, that clears some stuff up." Grian noted.  Scar nodded in agreement. "We're here for you Tim. Whatever you need us for, we can help."

"Yeah Timmy!" Scar added on. Jimmy sent a slightly annoyed glance to Grian, who smirked in reply. Scar was perplexed. "Wait, is your name not Timmy? Grian said it was."

"It's actually Jimmy, but Grian's determined to tell everyone that my name's Timmy." He explained. Grian smirked even more. The three of them bantered with each other, and Jimmy pulled down Scar's massive Swaggon hat over his eyes.

"Hey!" The tycoon man called out. 

"At least I'm not joking about it possibly acting as a parachute!" He answered , before they all burst out in a fit of laughing.

"Who here said that, and about who's hat?" Scar squeaked out, winded by the amount of laughing.

"Sausage said it about Gem's hat. You two have hats that could rival each other!"  Jimmy chuckled as he spoke. "He'd probably do the same to you if you met him." A rocket was heard firing behind them, and unknown to them,  a 'tall' figure landed behind them on the lilypad.