For Their Safety, And Ours

Lizzie was concerned about her brother's comment. What had went wrong? Why did he sound worried? 

 "Jimmy, please tell me what's wrong! You cut off mid sentence like something had-- oh.." She realised why he had stopped. She clambered off of the floor, and peered over the cauldron to look at Jimmy. "We're... Not normal.." 'Was this the orb's doing?' She'd question mentally.

 "Something has definitely gone wrong Lizzie.. We're half marine animal! And the Rivendell Festival is tomorrow.. Scott would kill me if I missed it!" Jimmy stated, fearful .

 "I could get Katherine to pass a message on to Scott via our mail system. Then he would know in advance." Lizzie suggested.

 "We could try." Jimmy agreed.

" I'll write it now, and send it A.S.A.P" She wasn't 100% certain that she would get them excused from the feast, but she wrote a book saying 'Scott, Jimmy and I won't be able to partake in the Rivendell Festival due to family matters. I hope you understand. Oceans' Blessings, Lizzie.' She labelled the Minecart as 'Send To Scott' and walked out, almost hitting her head on the roof as she did so. Lizzie swam up to the lilypad and briefly searched about, making sure nobody was watching her, before she sent it off via the Snail Mail. Checking one last time that nobody had seen her, the Ocean Queen dived back down into the water. A bit after, Joel appeared in the sky, a bit away from her lilypads. 

"I swear I just saw Lizzie.." He muttered "I guess I'll leave this here for her." Joel placed down a shulker on his embassy lilypad before rocketing back off into the sky. 

 Lizzie returned back to the cavern through her sunken ship, where Jimmy was just standing there by the cauldron, looking at it. 

"You alright Jimmy?" She asked.  He sighed in reply. She padded over to where Jimmy stood.

"What will the other empires think Lizzie? They could come over whilst we're working on our builds or trading with villagers, and we don't know what they'd say or do about it! They could share it with every one of their allies Lizzie! Word spreads like wildfire here!" Jimmy vented. He seemed quite stressed. Lizzie looked at her reflection. Her once small, feathery gills had become too large to hide behind her hair, her skin was scaly and blue, webbing stretched between each finger, and their tips ended in sharp, claw-like shapes. She'd already noticed her tail, but it didn't lift anything off of her shoulders. 

"I-I'm... not sure Jimmy... Hopefully Scott will get our message... But I don't think it's safe to go up onto the land, in case someone sees us and is negative about it." Lizzie said, stuttering a little as she spoke. 

"Oh.. Alright. I guess it would be safer to stay here. We could make an underwater empire beneath your empire, like Atlantis!" Jimmy said, half-excited. "But, we'd never see anyone.." His tone dropped. "I would never see Scott... And you'd never see Joel..." 

Lizzie sighed, "It's for their own safety, and ours as well Jimmy..." She looked a little crestfallen whilst speaking. She looked at herself in the reflection again, trying to get used to her new appearance. "I was lucky enough to have some invisibility potions on me, we can use them to collect some things."

"Could I bring Norman? He could stay in here, we'd just need a way to get him in." Jimmy asked.

"If you were to, we'd need a splash potion of invisibility for him.." Lizzie suggested "I think I can make one whilst we're there." She'd help her seabling get up, and they'd head to the exit, ducking to avoid hitting the roof. "I need to put a 'Mind Your Head' sign there.." The Ocean Queen commented as the two of them left.