AUTHOR'S NOTE

Dear readers,

Dear readers,

Thank you for choosing to read Andy Crow's Fantastical Summer, a children's fantasy-adventure novel about a young boy's quest toward finding self-value and embracing changes. This story was first written as an entry for the Open Novella Contest 2022. I was so excited to write this one despite having two more ongoing projects lining up my queue, but this was such a wonderful experience that I couldn't let it pass! Unfortunately, I had to drop out of the contest after the second round. I had gone beyond the required maximum amount of word count and I was having a hard time applying changes without compromising the plot and growth of the characters.

I have no experience writing children's fiction before, but it's the kind of challenge I want to try. Children's fiction is one of the most important forms of writing—teaching children (and parents!) about the world around them. However, it is frequently regarded as light entertainment aimed only at youngsters.

Children's literature really can stand the test of time and it should be regarded just as highly as adult fiction.

Join Andy's adventure across Emerraine as he and his small crew fight off the evil witch to save the village. I hope you enjoy this story just as much as I enjoy writing it. If you enjoyed the chapters, please leave a vote and comment. I am open to any constructive feedback to make this story better.

This book is complete and undergoing intense editing.

With sincere thanks,
Summer🌹

#1: This is children's fiction

#1: This is children's fiction. The book does not contain graphic violence or any mature content, therefore, it's a book safe for all readers. I will be careful of the scenes/chapters I'll publish since this book is dedicated to kids. I want this book to give them valuable life lessons.

#2: This is the first draft. There will be plot holes, typographical and grammatical errors ahead and English is not my primary language. I'm open to reviews and constructive criticisms but hate and insensitive comments are not welcomed.

#3: Do not steal. This book is available only on Wattpad. If you are reading this on another website, it has been taken without permission from me (the author). Please, do report it and inform me if ever that happens. Yes, I'm not famous, but that's more reason for me to worry about my book being taken because no one would actually know it's mine.

#4: Do not skip the prologue. I put it there for a reason.

Here's the first cover by Exequinne

Current cover by Shreya_VA

Awards won:

Main Genre

🥇 First Place Adventure Category in 2022 Rose Gold Awards by @Rose-Gold_Community

This story has been featured in:

🌟 childrensfiction ONC 2022 participants
🌟 StoriesUndiscovered – Into the Abyss (May '22)
🌟 WattpadFriendsandFamily Adventurous Crews
🌟 WackyWriters Our Judges' Favorites
🌟 WattpadLitFic Novel

🌟 WattpadWitches – Broad-spectrum Spellcasters

🌟 Fantasy  – Middle Grade and Children's Fantasy

🌟 WattpadFairytales  – Of Wolves and Witches

to my two little brothersI love both of you so much

I love both of you so much