Chapter 51

Kumkani: "You dare to come here and disturb my wife's peace!" Some of them looked to one another nervously.
Lindani: "You were not answering our calls. What did you expect us to do?"
Kumkani: "Get the fuck out before I forget all about our brotherhood and put you six feet under." Oh my gosh!
Buntu: "King we just want our women-."
Kumkani: "I told you, I don't have your women. Now leave. This is your last warning."
Sinoxolo: "We-." "What the hell is going on here?" A voice boomed by the door. It was the king's father.
Buntu: "U-Uncle Z-."
Zano: "All of you...Leave. Now." Yeesh! You guys should've seen how fast they all left the room with tails between their legs. It was comical really. But I didn't blame them. The king's father was one terrifying being... "you're awake." He stated as he looked down at me. All I could do was just to nod... "that's good." He smiled patting my arm ... "your parents and your mother in law will be glad." He told me... "we were worried." Something like sadness flashed in his eyes but then it was gone.
Kumkani: "She doesn't remember what happened Dad."
Zano: "She doesn't?" The king shook his head.
Kumkani: "She remembers the housewarming party and not anything else after that."
Me: "W-Who p-poisoned me?" The king and his father shared a look.
Zano: "We don't know yet but we're very close to finding out. Don't worry, whoever they are, they'll pay for sure."
Me: "H-How was I poisoned?"
Kumkani: "Wine my moon."
Me: "W-Wine?" He nodded. Something was nagging at me but I didn't know what... "but...but why?" Why would someone poison me? The fact that someone hated me to the point of poisoning me really frightened me and made my blood run cold. My mind went to the unmarried women and Hlumelo. Would they? They wouldn't right bethu? I mean, yes there was bad blood between me and them but we wouldn't go as far as wanting the other one dead. Well...I hoped. But if it wasn't them then who? The king's enemies? And why the heck couldn't I remember? On top of being confused and frightened I was also frustrated.
Kumkani: "When I find out all the details my moon, I promise I'll tell you. For now let's focus on getting you better." I exhaled as I rubbed my forehead. Where was this fucken nurse that the doctor said he would send?! This headache was getting worse and worse!
Me: "Your cousins say you took their women. Did you?"
Kumkani: "Let me go get the nurse."
Me: "King.-" He was already out the room. Mxm! Akadiki. I know he was just avoiding to answer me. Which could only mean, that the women were really taken by him. Could it be that they were really involved in poisoning me? Oh my God! My heart beat faster shaken by the thought.
Zano: "Whatever you're thinking about, don't."
Me: "It's them isn't it?"
Zano: "Them who?"
Me: "T-The women...t-they poisoned me. That's why King took them...right?" He looked at me and said nothing... "p-please tell me."
Zano: "Before I tell you anything, I'm going to ask you a few questions and you're going to answer them truthfully. Understood?" I nodded... "did any of the women bully you?"
Me: "No." His eyes narrowed on me.
Zano: "Are you sure?"
Me: "Y-Yes...I mean they tried but I'm not one to be bullied." At that he smiled like he was impressed by me. Um...wow...okay.
Zano: "I see...can you think of anyone of them who would want to hurt you?" Hlumelo. My mind screamed at me. I shook my head... "tell me." Should I? I mean, it might not be her... "now Khazimle." Gosh!
Me: "H-Hlumelo."
Zano: "Has she made any threats of doing you harm before or said anything that made you feel uneasy?" I shook my head... "are you sure? Think hard." I did and my head pounded even more painfully but I pushed on searching through my memories. When I suddenly remembered something, I gasped out loud shaking... "what is it? Tell me."
Me: "S-She s-she..." Oh my God... "it was at the housewarming party and I was pouring wine for me and my friends and she..." I swallowed... "she c-came in and made a comment about me loving wine and being careful that..that..."
Zano: "Yes?" He pushed.
Me: "That I don't get killed by something I love." Right after I said that, he walked out. Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Had it really been Hlumelo? I tried to remember about the king's birthday party but I wasn't getting anything. I groaned as I closed my eyes. The king entered with a nurse.
Kumkani: "Where's my father?"
Me: "He just left." He nodded. The nurse did her thing and left. The king sat down and took my hand in both of his kissing it.
Kumkani: "How do you feel now beautiful?"
Me: "The headache is still there."
Kumkani: "Give it time."
Me: "King?"
Kumkani: "Yes my moon."
Me: "I told your father about what I remember Hlumelo saying to me at the housewarming party. That's why he left." He went on alert.
Kumkani: "Tell me." My husband was so much like his father. I did. The room instantly changed. It grew tense as a murderous aura that was radiating from the king surrounded and filled it ... "she said that?" I nodded. His look in his eyes! It was like I was staring into the devil. He stood up... "I need to go my moon."
Me: "King-."
Kumkani: "I'll be back."
Me: "But-." He kissed me.
Kumkani: "I love you."
Me: "King-." He kissed me again but harder this time and then he left. After leaving me to my thoughts, I fell asleep.