Chapter 37

Her: "What?"
Me: "You heard me." I said sipping on my juice... "and if I was you I wouldn't have said all that you said to me." I told her... "too embarrassing. And shows how shameless you are."
Her: "You bitch-."
Me: "I'm not finished." I cut her off... "I mean, it really wasn't necessary. What were you hoping to achieve, maybe?" I asked her... "for me to say 'oh sorry, since you promised your friend here is my man you can give him to her'?" I chuckled... "really? Wow! I'm going to tell you now that there's no way in hell that's ever happening. Kumkani is my man and if any of you women dare to try to come between me and what's mine, I'll really bust all of you. I might not be a pro like my man but he's taught me a quite a fews moves on how to kick ass." Most of them had their eyes bugged out like they were watching a horror movie while some were holding back secret smiles... "I guess you guys must've heard some things about me and thought I was going to be an easy target." I chuckled... "well let me tell you, I'm far from being an easy target. So if you think you'll use my past to taunt me then you have another thing coming. Before I met Kumkani, I was a real bitch and I have no qualms in going back to being that bitch, so you women better not try me please." I told them clasping my hands together on my lap keeping my eyes on them. I felt like I had to say all that I said, even though some of you might see it as unnecessary or a bit rude, I had to for my sake because people be pretty cruel out there. They had no connotations whatsoever about using people's weaknesses against them. So I didn't want these women thinking they can do that to me, that they could walk all over me. Even if they didn't know what had happened to me, they would know sooner or later because they were the king's family and word spread out pretty fast in a family. So I had to protect myself by putting up a strong front that said 'what happened to me in past didn't make me weak and didn't define who I was'. One of the women stood up from her chair and came all around from the other side to me and held out her hand for me to shake.
Her: "Hi I'm Palesa. I'm Uyiphendule's wife. Nice to finally meet you Khazimle." I stood up and shook her hand.
Me: "Nice to meet you too Palesa." She was a pretty short woman with a thick nice figure.
Palesa: "I have feeling that you and I are going to be great friends." 
Me: "I feel the same way." We shared a smile.
Palesa: "I'll do the honors and introduce you to the other ladies so that you at least know their names and husbands."
Me: "I would really appreciate it."
Palesa: "That one..." She said indicating to the bitch with a friend that wants my man... "is Hlumelo. She's married to Langa. Langa is Uncle Xolile's eldest son." So her name was Hlumelo. I was going to make sure that I remembered it well. Hlumelo rolled her eyes and emptied her glass of wine. I could see she was pissed and annoyed. Good. I was going to have my fun with this one. My heart was actually beating in excitement anticipation... "the one next to her is Lizeka. She's Songezo's wife. Songezo is Uncle Lakhe's only son." Lizeka gave me a small shy wave. I nodded acknowledging her... "next to her is Bulelwa. She's Malwande's wife and he is Uncle Phakamani's son." I wasn't going to remember all this but I was grateful to what Palesa was doing. Bulelwa smiled big as she gave me a wave. I think I was going to like her... "next to her is Yolanda. She's-."
Yolanda: "I'm Khanyisa's wife darling." She said cutting Palesa off... "and his father is Uncle Sinethemba. Nice to meet you my darling Khazimle. I've heard a lot about you from my father in law." Oh Lord! Did he tell her about the bow? I'm sure he did. If I remember properly her father in law was the one that was a twin, right?
Me: "Nice to meet you too-."
Yolanda: "Can I be your best friend? I like you. You're tough as nails. I love women who give as good as they get. Who don't take any nonsense." I was taken a bit by her request but I nodded and her smile got even more bigger if that was even possible... "nice!" Palesa chuckled next to me.
Palesa: "Next to Yolanda is Jessica. She's married to Scott and he's Uncle Kevin's son." Jessica gave me a wink... "and next to her is Dinaledi. She's Bongani's wife and he's Uncle Temba's eldest son." She gave me a wave... "and lastly, that's Siphe. She's Johnathan's wife and he's Uncle Brian's son." Siphe just smiled at me... "now that's it. We're the only ones that are married out of all the women."
Me: "And how many women are there?" Palesa chuckled.
Palesa: "I think all together we're about 26 or so." Yerrr! 26?! ... "yeah we're a big group." So meaning the king had 26 or more cousins. Holy crap! This family. I could only imagine what happens when they all get together. Yeesh!
Yolanda: "We as the women always get together twice in one month. You should join us." Um...nope. I don't think I was going to do that. But I just nodded to be polite... "we should exchange numbers." This woman was really planing on being my best friend. She stood up and came to where I was standing with Palesa and passed me her phone so I could enter my number. I did so and gave it back to her... "expect to be hounded by me darling." She said going back to her seat.
Palesa: "You're in trouble." She whispered to me.
Me: "I also think so." I whispered back. She chuckled.
Palesa: "And don't mind Hlumelo, she's harmless compared to some of the other women."
Me: "Really?"
Palesa: "Yes. The unmarried women are really the worst."
Me: "Unmarried women?" She chuckled a little.
Palesa: "Oh that's just the term we use. We call ourselves married women and the others unmarried women." Wow. It's hectic here... "but I'm not worried about you. As Yolanda has stated, you're tough as nails so you'll be able to hold your own against them." Didn't matter because I wasn't planning on meeting the unmarried women. No thanks. I can just imagine the drama that happened when they all got together. The drama! Yhu!