PART 14

Shiva's POV

          I was standing behind my wife seeing her laughing and giggling. She looks beautiful when she laughs but whenever she sees me, she doesn't even smile. This woman messed up my life from the day she entered into my life.

            I still remember seeing her for the first time sitting beside me on our wedding day. She wore a red saree which looked funny on her tiny frame. But her big round eyes filled with unshed tears mesmerized me. Those reminded me of stars in the sky. She looked like a doll. She was most beautiful girl I have ever seen. But knowing that she would become my wife at such young age made me hate her.

           I was just 13 and my wife was 10. Who would want to marry at such age? But I was forcefully married. I hated her for messing up my life. My friends teased me and I was embarrassed to even step out of the house. I stopped talking to everyone in my family after the wedding. But later my dad explained to me about my mom's health which made me forgive them. I knew my wife was not at fault but I needed someone to blame. So, I blamed her for everything and always ignored her.

          But after getting the government job, my family insisted us to give them grandchildren. Though, I was reluctant at first, I gladly fullfilled their wish. Even though we grew older, the chubby girl with those innocent eyes has not changed at all. I loved the fact that she didn't change. Always naive and beautiful.

          As a child, she always ran away from me because of fear but in the teenage she tried to impress me with doing all sorts of stupid stuff. She didn't even understand that she was annoying me. After growing up, we became busy with our responsibilities. I have seen my friends getting married and saw how much clingy and demanding wives can get at times but I have never seen that side of my wife. From the day she was married, she made me and my family the centre of her world. After my brother getting married, I completely understood the state of our relationship.

        Feeling my presence behind her, my wife turned back and her eyes widened in shock seeing me and immediately her smile disappeared from her face which made me angry. I ordered my kids to sleep as it was getting late to which they obeyed. After they got into the bed, I switched off the lights and came out of the room followed by my wife.

         We both went to our room and I directly got into the bed to sleep. My wife stood there as if waiting for me to say something which angered me. "Do you want any invitation to sleep? Why are you standing there like a statue? Sleep!" to which she was startled and  immediately went to her side of the bed to sleep. I knew I was rude to her but how dare she be so carefree with our children whereas she doesn't talk to me at all.

        Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.