Solangelo - Mornin' Darlin'

I figured there's no going wrong when you start with solangelo, so I just wanted to write something basic and fluffy to kinda get used to writing oneshots, sorry in advance for spelling mistakes because it's midnight and I took off my glasses but I'm very blind without them so I can't see very good right now

Nico's POV

I woke up warm and content, with the sun shining, but not unpleasantly, in my face. I felt Will's arm resting on my torso, my head resting comfortably on his chest.  I shifted my head so I could see his face, blissful as he slept. I loved the look on his face as he slept, unfiltered joy, his lips slightly parted. 

To my surprise, he was clearly wide awake and had been for ages. Stupid Apollo, always waking up his kids at the crack of dawn just so they could watch him pass by Long Island Sound every morning. Will had been watching me sleep, with this huge dorky grin he usually saved for the Star Wars marathons, like the one we'd had the night before, during which we had fallen asleep in my cabin. Noticing I was awake, he reached his right arm, the one that wasn't cradling me, up to brush a stray bit of hair out of my face. He started stroking the top of my head gently, like he knew I loved even though I had never said it. We stayed like that for a while, until he finally stopped grinning like an idiot, which was good. My heart felt like it would explode watching him grin like that, like I had pretended other players' Mythomagic figurines had when I had defeated them in games as a kid.

"Mornin' Darlin',  Will said. "Had a good sleep?" 

I nodded contentedly, to tired still to say anything. I loved the way his southern accent sounded, skipping the g's at the ends of words whenever he spoke. I cuddled closer into his chest, savouring his scent and how happy, and how right this felt.

Will's POV

Oh gods, I thought. Nico was just, wow. He was so spectacularly beautiful, so adorable, that for once I wasn't mad at Apollo for consistently waking me up at mind-numbingly early times. Just as Nico was snuggling into my chest, I heard what sounded like muffled sniffling and awwwws from outside the cracked window. In fact, the sun seemed much brighter, and lower... than it normally was. Suddenly I realized what was happening. 

"Sorry, Neeks, let me go deal with that real quick" I said, barely above a whisper because he was still mostly asleep.

"Dad!" I exclaimed, only after I had closed to door of the Hades cabin so I wouldn't annoy Nico.

I had assumed it was just Apollo stalking us outside the window, because of the whole brightness thing, but naturally, Jason Grace was there, along with most of the Aphrodite cabin. 

"Really, guys? Nico is TRYING to sleep, and-" I whisper-shouted at them. I started pacing and ranting, going on and on about how they were disturbing Nico and I. Someone at the back of the pack of Aphrodite campers giggled. I heard a creak, probably just the door. I thought I had closed it, but of well. I ignored it and the giggling Aphrodite campers, continuing to rant. As I became more agitated, I started to glow as I lost control. There was more creaking behind me. I spun around to see... Woah.

There, in front of the Hades cabin stood Nico, rubbing his eyes to adjust them to the light. All he had on was a ratty, faded old black hoodie and pyjama pants with little skull faces, compliments of the Athena cabin's sudden spark in interest when it came to weaving, but I thought he had never looked more amazing.

"Will? What are you.." He trailed off, then gasped. "William. Andrew. Solace. Come here right now.

Nico's POV

"William. Andrew. Solace. Come here right now." 

I stood there, in front of my cabin, glaring at Will. I was definitely freaking out some of the Aphrodite kids a little. He walked over to me, trying to hold back another dorky grin. I stretched out my hand, and he grabbed it. I loved the way our hands fit together, his bigger, warm hand covering my smaller one like a blanket. I stopped glaring. 

"William Andrew Solace, I repeated. "How dare you leave me there by myself. Now I'm cold. You better come back and warm me up. Right. Now."

Will turned around to face the gathered crowd of campers and Apollo. "Sorry guys, duty calls." He said, not sounding at all sorry. At this point, Jason was almost sobbing and acting like a proud parent. I dragged Will back inside and we arranged ourselves just how we had been before, wasting time with meaningless, but oh-so-meaningful conversation. We stayed there for hours, and I'd never felt happier.

A/N

Okay. Wow. That was better, and longer than I thought it would be. I'm pretty sure that's Will's canon middle name, but please correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll fix it.

Have a great day, stay safe, make good choices, etc. *insert other kind motivational authors-note-y stuff here*

love you, you matter so much, thanks for reading, bye❤️

- UrGenderfluidLesbian (aka Alex)😗✌️