A Search For Answers

A few hour's later, we landed in a large open field that belonged to a little white farm house. Clint and I walked with Nat, up to the house, followed by Tony, Thor, Steve and Bruce. As we got to the step's to the house, Clint helped Nat walked up and I followed behind them with Thor.

"What is this place?" Thor asked.

"A safe house?" Tony said behind us unsure.

"Let's hope." Clint smiled and opened the screened door and walked into the house. "Honey? I'm home." Clint called out and Laura, his pregnant wife walked around the corner surprised to see us all walk inside. "Hi. Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead." He kissed her sweetly.

"This is an Agent of some kind." Tony said to Thor, while looking around confused. I grinned at him, which made him even more confused.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura." Clint introduced her.

"I know all of your names." Laura chuckled nervously. Everyone looked at her awkwardly except for Nat and I.

"Laura." I smiled softly and she opened her arm's that I happily walked into. "Oh, it's so good to see you."

"I missed you, Amara. It's so great to see you too. The..." Laura started to speak and we heard little pitter-patter of footstep's running down the stairs. A little girl and a slightly older boy ran into the room.

"Incoming." Clint smiled.

"Daddy!" Lila ran into his arm's.

"Hi, sweetheart." He picked her up and then Cooper ran into his arm's next. "Hey, buddy. How are you guy's doing?" Clint loved on both his kid's and the rest of the team looked on very confused.

"These are smaller agent's..." Tony pointed out and I chuckled at him.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat and Auntie Amara?" Lila asked.

"Why don't you come hug them and find out." Nat grinned and Lila ran into her arm's.

"Auntie Amara." Cooper said excitedly as he walked over and hugged my side.

"Oh, my gosh. Coop. Look at you, you've grown like a whole foot since I saw you last!" I chuckled and ruffled his hair. "Where's my hug from the prettiest princess in all the land?" I pretend to look around and Nat put Lila on the floor with a laugh.

"Here, here!" She jumped in front of me excitedly and I picked her up and squeezed her tightly.

"Oh, my goodness! How have you gotten so much prettier and bigger? How is that even possible?" I kissed her face and she laughed.

"Sorry for just bargin' in on you." Steve said formally.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but some of us were busy having no idea you existed." Tony pointed out, smiling softly seeing me with the kid's.

I looked up and saw Tony's glance and I smiled at him. Steve was also watching me with adoration in his eye's. I smiled softly at him as well. Clint introduced me to his family shortly after Dad passed away. He wanted to make sure that I had family to always look out for me. So he brought me home to his wife and kid's over three year's ago. I immediately fell in love with them and his wife Laura. They were such a sweet, loving and very welcoming family. Making me feel included and loved, much like Pepper and Tony, but only in a more family way.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off Shield's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figured it was a good place to lay low."

"I think it's best we go now, Amara..." Thor said inside my head and I looked up at him.

I could see he was uncomfortable and struggling with the images in his head. I could feel it. He stepped on some lego's and then pushed them under the couch near him with his foot. I walked up to him and grabbed his hand. Lila walked up to us and stared up at Thor without saying anything. The toaster went off after his head twitched from seeing more of the vision again. I could feel his worry. Thor walked off toward's the outside holding my hand tightly. I followed out after him quickly to keep up.