I Will Return

"I will return, Mi Vida." Was the last thing he told you. 6 years ago.

The Madrigals had received a letter. It was from the government, about the assassins responsible for Pedro's death. Abuela and Pepa's side of the family decided to go and Julieta's side of the family and Bruno decided to stay to make sure things in the town were okay. Though your heart ached for him, he promised he would return. And you had faith in him. Well, you did.

It had now been 6 years. And though sometimes you thought you had got over him, you catch yourself with tears in your eyes thinking about him. Sometimes you would rewrite the letters you had written for him that you would place under his pillow.

Mirabel was very supportive and also missed them terribly. So of course they didn't mind you coming to visit them and your lovers room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you closed the glowing yellow door of the shapeshifters room, you walked over to him bed and sat down on it. You looked around the room for the 1st time this week. It made your heart ache for him.

You slid your hand under his pillow as you pulled out one of your most recent letters and read it.

'Dear Camilo Madrigal,

It was my birthday yesterday. I turned 18! Wow! Remember my last birthday? We stayed out all night and fell asleep on the mountains surrounding the Encanto... Those were fun times. I even retuned to the exact spot where fell asleep in each other's arms under the starts. I even wished upon a star...

Anyways, enough about me. How are you doing? I hope your okay, Mi Vida. I hope you haven't been getting into too much trouble.

I can't wait for you to return. I wonder how much you've grown everyday. If your curls are still the same. If your smile still has that charming glow. If your eyes still have the sparkle. Oh Camilo. I long for you everyday, I miss you more then anything.

At the time I am writing this letter, it is currently 2:17am. I woke up from a dream about us. We were... we had a family. We were married. I was Mrs madrigal... (y/n) Madrigal. It was amazing. As I woke up I felt tears streaming down my cheeks, then I realized that it was just a dream. A dream. I dream about you many nights, Mi Amor.

Honestly, I didn't think it would bother me this much by now. I shame myself for it. I feel like I should be more mature, though sometimes I think I am over it, I can't help but feel as something is missing from my life. And of course, I know it's you.

It's you Camilo Madrigal. Your charms. The way you would always cheer me up when I was down. When you would show me your soft side after a busy day in the town. How we would comfort each other and trust each other with everything. Our first kiss... Those beautiful, perfect lips I crave everyday.

Ay, Mi Vida. I'm crying again. Please return, Camilo. Please. I don't know if i can wait. There has been times I've thought about asking Isabela if she could help me climb over the mountains surrounding the Encanto with her vines like she did with you guys. But I realized that I had no idea where to look and how stupid I would be.

I still long for you everyday. And every night, I pray your okay and for your return. I miss you. All of you. I hope little Antonio is okay. Actually, I bet he's getting big! And Dolores! I bet she's as beautiful as ever. And you... I can just imagine how handsome you must have become. I wonder if your much taller than me. Or if your only a few inches taller. Or even taller at all. I will love you either way.

Please come back. I remember your last words. 'I will return, Mi Vida' You said with you soft tone. You kissed me goodbye before you left. And that was the last time i saw you. Please keep your promise and return, Mi Amor. For me. For the Encanto. For your family. Please Camilo.

Though I know this letter will most likely never reach you, I just hope that one day, we can be all together and happy again. Maybe that dream I had could come true?

Love (y/n)'

You placed the letter back in the envelope it was in. You wiped the tears on your cheeks and smiled softly. You let a deep breath out and decided to just sit there for a moment.

"I never break a promise, Mi Amor..." you heard a soft, deep voice behind you. Though it was deeper, you still recognised that voice anywhere.

You could have swore your heart skipped a beat. You froze in place for a second utterly speechless. "I-....C....Camilo?" you stuttered, before turning around to see a tall man stood behind you.

"It's me, Mi Vida" he said with a wide smile and tearful eyes.

"Camilo!" You shouted with joy before jumping into his arms and giving him a tight squeeze. He squeezed you back and lifted you up, before he fell back onto his bed and kissed you multiple times.

"I can't believe your back!" you told him mixed with tears. Lying on top of him squeezing him.

"I know, I missed you." He said as you both laid there in tears for a few minutes.

After a long embrace, you both stood up.

"(y/n)...." Camilo looked at you. This was the first time he had saw you properly since they returned. "You... your more beautiful then i ever imagined" he was breath taken.

You cheeks turned a light shade of red. "And you've grown so handsome. I always knew you would be, I even wrote about is as you know" you giggled lightly and he laughed with you.

"As you know, as I ALWAYS keep my promises, I promise that one day, I will ask you to become my Mrs Madrigal, just like your dream." He said with a smirk on the corner of his lips. Though it just made you smile and nod. You believed him and hoped that this day would come.

~~~~~~~~~

You and your families reunited again and had dinner. Mariano had proposed to Dolores and they were getting married soon. Antonio had got his gift in their house as they look the candle with them. Everything was great. Mirabel had noticed how you and Camilo had been clinging to each other all night, but she understood why since you two hadn't seen each other in years.

After you had finished all had finished eating, Agustín started playing music on the piano. Camilo cleared his throat and looked at you. "May i have this dance, señorita?" he asked with a smirk, holding his hand out. You nodded softly and took his hand. He put his hand around your waist and then you both started dancing.

Your families were watching you, though you didn't care. You both didn't. If the whole world was watching you wouldn't let go of him.

"This.... this is what i've been longing for all these years" He whispered in your ear.

"Me too" you rested your head on his chest. He had grown quite a bit taller then you. "Did you read all the letter?" You asked him shyly.

"Yeah, i'm sorry I was going to say something. But I just couldn't help myself but read it." He chuckled before kissing your head. You couldn't get mad at him. He was too sweet. "If you don't want me to read them all, just tell me"

"No.... it's okay, just some of them have probably been there for 5 years" you laughed and he did with you.

Eventually, you both went to up sit on the roof. You two sat up there for about an hour talking about what you had been doing whilst Camilo was away. He had an arm around with with your head on his shoulder.

"(y/n), te quiero"(I love you) He said quietly.

"Yo también te amo" (I love you too" you replied softly. This was the first time you had told each other in 6 years. Finally.

"I guess wishing on a star does really work" you laughed together before sharing another kiss, before looking up at the stars.