The Smoke

Along with police, our mechanics and medical assistance, several journalists and news reporters arrived at the scene. All of us follow protocol and we raise our hands. We know police isn't trained for a situation like this. We let our mechanics get to us safely first, so the police knows not to harm us.
"Sun!"
"Solara!" I crouch a bit to get to eyeheight.
"Please ignore my appearance, sunshine. The fire ruined most of us."
They sigh and I can see her eyes watering. I don't touch her since my hands are still not fully cooled.
"Sun, where's Vanessa?"
I point. Miss Vanessa is passed out still, on a heap of trash.
"I managed to save her thanks to DJ. She inhaled a lot of smoke, we need her to the hospital as soon as we can!"
Solara understands and she brings medical personnel over. They immediately get Miss Vanessa in the ambulance and close the doors. Solara gets back over to me.
"I'll make sure to keep you updated on her situation. She's a strong woman from what I've heard, so I'm sure she'll make it."
I feel relieved.
"Solara?"
"Yes Sun?"
I look her into her eyes.
"Can you fix me?"
She sighs. Then they look at me.
"I promise I will try my hardest."
I tell her I appreciate that. I see she smiles, but the smile is filled with worry. I look at my friends. Their personal mechanics are writing down the damage, some things were even able to be fixed right away. The police check the scene. Solara then taps my shoulder.
"Hey Sun?"
"Yes dear?"
"Where's Freddy?"
I look at where I last saw him. No sign of the bear. I look back down and shrug.
"He jumped off the roof, killing an intruder. But him and the kid escaped I think."
"What kid?"

A police agent joins our conversation.
"Alright, what's this one's name?" He asks Solara. She looks at me and I take the hint. I look at the officer.
"My name is Sun."
The cop looks slightly surprised that my voice box hasn't completely melted. He turns to me.
"Can you tell me what happened?"
"Today or over the last few days?"
"Let's first start with today."
I begin to tell him.
"There was a child, that had intruded in the PizzaPlex, there was no record of him. I think he was about 10? His name was Gregory."
The officer is writing down what I say quickly.
"Do you know where this child is?"
I look down.
"I don't know. After the fire, I saved Officer Vanessa, and didn't see him again."
The agent nods. I proceed to tell him what happened.
"So we are looking for a little boy and a Glamrock Freddy animatronic?"
"Yes."
"And who did you say he killed?"
"He killed a white rabbit lady, I later heard her name was Vanny. She looked exactly like Vanessa, but they aren't the same person. Vanny landed with Freddy, on the floor there. The moment she died, all of us felt a weight come off of our shoulder. She had influenced all of our hardware, which made us act out."
The officer raises a brow.
"Well, thanks for your cooperation. I appreciate it big man." He pats my shoulder and walks off.

Solara looks at me. Her eyes are tearing up.
"Freddy killed someone?"
"I'm so sorry, but he did. He saved all of us. I don't think Vanny was a good person, she was really trying to harm all of us."
I feel tears rolling down my face.
I thought that function was destroyed, but alas.
Solara hugs me.
I don't know how to respond because of how sudden it is.
"I'm glad you're still here and safe. You're a hero, you know that?"
I close my eyes and hug them back. I appreciate this moment, it is just what I needed. I take deep breaths.
"Wait, since Vanny died, how is Moon?" She lets go of me and I let go of them.
I hadn't thought about that.
"I don't know."
"Can you force a switch for me?"
"It's not dark, so I'll have to find a shadow."
Iook around and see a large shadow by DJ Music Man. I lead Solara over.
"Solara, if Moon tries to harm you at all, you have permission to damage this body and shut it down. Okay?" I try to stay strong.
"O-Okay..."
She's slightly frightened by what I just said, but I know they'll stay true to their word.
I take a deep breath.
I retract my sunrays and close my eyes. I allow Moon to surface. I can't find him though, it's dark inside.
But there is a dim, small flame.
Moon is there.
Moon is alive.
I just hope it is the Moon I know, not the Moon I remember.
I feel calmer than I thought I would, and I fully crawl back into our body. Currently, nobody is up. Moon isn't surfacing. I try to encourage him.
"Moon, you can come out. You'll be okay, you're safe now! You can't harm anyone, alright? Just go out! See what I've seen!"
Those words were apparently enough, because within seconds his flickering candleflame grows to a glow as bright of the sun.

"Hello?"
I open my eyes. It's bright outside. I feel tired. I look at myself. My body is damaged. I realise why; I notice the smouldering carcass of what once was the PizzaPlex. I look around. Our friends...
"Moon?"
I look to who's speaking.
"Hello starshine," I say, trying to smile.
"Do you remember me at all?"
"I apologise, but I do not remember us meeting before. Could you please introduce yourself?"
The lovely person smiles.
"My name is Solara, I'm one of the mechanics. I just came in like a week ago, I was assigned to you two."
I smile. I see her nametag and adjust their pronouns in my system.
"You have a wonderful name. And wonderful taste in hijab color, I love the dark emerald green on you a lot."
She smiles and poses, I applaud.
"Solara dear, could you tell me what happened? I have no recollection of what happened since I got fully corrupted. I was fighting for my life in this body."
Solara frowns.
"Well, Freddy set the building on fire, your corruptor passed and Fazbear Entertainment is doing their best to cover the whole thing up. You guys aren't allowed to be seen, that's why there's a huge screen set up in front of the building."
I sigh.
"How's Sun? I haven't been able to talk to him."
They look hopeful.
"Sun saved Vanessa. He was worried about you, and he brought a box out when the fire almost trapped him in the Daycare."
I snicker. Typical of Sun, the caring soul.
"Solara, how are my friends?"
She looks around. Then at her watch.
"Your friends all came back out safely, the DJ carried you all out of the building. Though Freddy and Gregory have gone missing. They escaped, but I couldn't find them after."
I find that sad, but I'm glad most us came out alright.

"Solara?"
"Yes?"
"Did I... harm anyone?"
I feel anxious. I hope my corrupted state hasn't injured anyone or even... let's not go there.
"For as far as I know and was told, you didn't harm anyone. Sun made sure you couldn't."
"Good."
I take another look around. It worries to me to see my friends this damaged and torn. I wish I could've helped them, I wish I wasn't so weak and I didn't fall for the corruption, I should've fought back more. I should've protected everyone around me more. I should've—
"Moon I can tell you're overthinking right now. No need to worry, all that matters now is that all of you safely got out and that your hardware isn't damaged, which means I can repair you."
I sigh and look at Solara. I then sit down and seat my legs crisscross.
"Solara dear, can you please give me a hug?"
She doesn't need to hear me ask them that twice and she immediately seats themself in my lap. Her warm embrace is really all I need right now.