"Just wait for some time." The second voice pleaded, words laced with exhaustion.

The call to prayer was heard around the streets and houses, making the hearts of the two figures calm with the sound, a peace settled over them as they heart the words. They knew they were not alone and that was the biggest reassurance they could get.

When the moon started to be overtaken by the first early rays of the sun, casting a grey glow to the sky, when the first figure was satisfied that there was no danger, they got up from the dirty place.

Holding each other's hands they started treading towards the brighter part of the street and onto the streets that were crowded. But before they could turn towards the street, someone shouted from behind them.

"Woh rahe! Pakro!" (There they are! Catch them!)

Both the figure's eyes' widened in fear and they made a run for their lives. It was a literal run for their lives, because they knew if they were caught, life would be worse than death.

They ran as fast as they could and as far as it was possible. They didn't know where they were, which part of the city it was or what time it was. Fear along with adrenaline pumped their blood, their hearts beating extremely fast. They tried their best to dodged the unknown men that were after them for reason they had no idea of... No, they knew why they were being chased. They were predators waiting to prey on the helpless until there was nothing left other than their bones.

"Bus! Aur nahi! Pyaas aur bhookh bohot lagi hai." (Stop, I can't run more. I am really hungry and thirsty.)

The second person felt like crying at their misfortune. "We-we don't have money."

The first person felt guilty for demanding food and water knowing that it was not possible. The second person saw the crestfallen face and sighed.

"Okay, wait. Let me ask one of the shops if they will be kind even to give some water or something to eat."

They walked towards one of the shops and asked if they have any water or something they can give to eat to which they refused, no money meant no food.

Instead of being disappointed, the figure was struck with an idea. She looked around to try and figure out where they were and once she did, she sent a quick thank you to the sky. She looked at the other person with bright eyes.

"Come with me, I have a solution." She grabbed the other person's hand and started walking into the direction where she knew was her destination.

"Can we rest first please, my legs are paining?"

She nodded and looked around for a place to sit on. On seeing a park, they walked there and luckily it was open. They spotted a bench and took a seat. The morning must along with the dewy grass underneath their feet was extremely soothing. There were only a people or two there, going their morning walk or jogging.

"Despite what we are going through, I am really happy." The figure next to her spoke with a bright smile, a twinkle in the eyes.

She only shook her head, but not saying anything. She had nothing left to say. All her thoughts and rational thinking was jumbled up.

They sat there for an hour or two, just enjoying the open air after so long, until she stood up. "Let's go or else we will be late." Her body felt extremely weak, her stomach and body protesting to walk any longer but she ignored it. She hadn't eaten anything in so many days and it was finally catching up to her.

They walked for an hour when they reached a black gate of a huge building. The gate was locked, only allowing specific people in. Just as she took a step towards the guard house by the gate, a spell of dizziness hit her, making her lose her focus of a second.