Chapter 03

After "breakfast" had been made, Taehyung had holed himself up in his new room to eat and spend time by himself. He didn't think Yoongi would mind considering the two of them weren't even friends. Hell, the older male actually scared Taehyung quite a bit. He was one step away from shaking like a rabbit whenever the redhead was around. So the brunette was grateful that he was left alone. He had actually been dozing off when he heard loud knocks at the front door.

"Hey Taehyung, can you go get that?" Yoongi called even though he was currently resting on the couch. He was just too lazy to do it himself especially when he knew the younger male would do it. He did hold a small appreciation for the kid now. Taehyung was no longer the annoying brat that smiled way too much and hung out with Jungkook like they were the ones who were brothers.

"Aish, but hyunggg​~! You're closer!" The younger whined despite already walking to the door. This reaction caused Yoongi to simply chuckle and return his attention to whatever was on his laptop. Probably porn, Tae thought with a light snicker before he cautiously opened the door. Upon seeing who it was, he was filled with a bunch of emotions at once. Happiness turned to confusion which soon became concern mixed with a hint of anger as he tugged the boy inside.

"Kookie, what the hell happened?" He asked, frantically as he pressed his fingers lightly to the bruise growing on his friend's cheek before they trailed to his busted lip. Jeongguk simply flashed him a smile as if to say if I look like this, you should see the other guy. Tae's lower lip jutted out in a pout as he released his friend and went in search of a first aid kit, grumbling the whole way about how stupid Jungkook was.

"Please tell me the other guy looks worse or I'm going to beat your ass for disgracing the family name." Yoongi piped up as his brother flopped onto the couch as well.

"We don't even share the same family name."

"Not the point here, smartass. So who got the shit beat out of them?"

"That's none of your business, hyung."

"Why you little shit! And to think I worried about you for a split second. You ungrateful brat."

"You sound like an old man."

"That's it! I'm going to-"

"Chill, Yoongi. I was just teaching someone not to fuck around with my friend's feelings. I didn't even want to fight, but that guy just pisses me off so much. He didn't even seem like he cared. To him what had happened didn't matter. He was lucky Hoseok pulled him away or I was going to kill him."

"I don't think I'm the one who needs to chill here." Yoongi sighed, sitting up and pushing Jungkook down until his head rested on his older brother's lap. He idly played with his hair in a soothing fashion despite the slightly repulsed expression the younger was showing to hide his gratefulness, "It's going to be okay. You helped him get out of a bad situation and I respect that.... Now stop being a pissbaby and man up. Help your friend find the fucking first aid kit while you're at it. Who knows what the hell he's getting into."

Jeongguk laughed at the sudden change in personality before getting up as well as shoving his brother's face away in the process. "You're growing soft, Yoongi. Get any worse and I might have to smother you with my pillow." He joked even though he meant it as a thank you before shuffling off to find his alien of a friend.

"Sit still and stop whining. You shouldn't have gotten in a fight in the first place. What did I say about using your words, Kookie? You're lucky Jin isn't here or he would give you a stern talking to." Tae scolded as he pressed the alcohol wipe against the few scratches that littered his friend's arms. He smirked a bit in satisfaction whenever the other would flinch or hiss before brooding with a dark scowl at Tae's teasing.

"Shut up. I did it for you." Shit, that wasn't supposed to come out.

"Jeon Jeongguk, are you fucking serious?" The smirk was instantly replaced with a tight line as the familiar judgmental expression took over Taehyung's features. He was not impressed with his friend at the moment. He hated violence especially if said violence was "for him" because that's utter bullshit. If it was for him, a nice compromise would have been given and no punches would have been thrown. To say the least, he was not happy right now.

"Uh....no? Holy shit Tae!" He cried out when he felt the alcohol burn at the cut on his lip. Pain shot through his mouth as the wound was cleaned and he was pretty damn sure there were tears welling up in his eyes as he desperately tried to move away from the older male. "I tried to talk it out, I swear, but then he punched me and I couldn't control myself! I know you don't like violence and I'm sorry, but he deserved it! Talking shit about you. I couldn't stand it especially since he had the nerve- ugh! I wasn't going to let him beat me and bad mouth the people I care about. No way in hell, Taehyung, no way in hell."

The abuse on his lip ceased and he finally glanced at the brunette, who seemed to be near tears as his lower lip trembled. "Ah shit, Tae please don't cry. I'm sorry and I promise I won't do it again. Just...just please don't cry."

"Where else?" Tae asked despite his teary expression. There was a newfound determination growing in his eyes that Jungkook wasn't sure how to deal with.

"What?" Was his eloquent response.

"Where else did he hit you?" The other asked more insistently before he was practically tearing off his friend's flannel. Next to go was his t-shirt and he winced a bit as the collar caught on his nose, but the physical pain couldn't compare to the pain that stabbed through his heart at the sound of Taehyung gasping then sniffling. "Stupid, Kookie, you are so stupid. Don't fight for me. I'm not worth it."

"You are to me." Jeongguk responded, voice muffled around the mouthful of t-shirt considering once the older male noticed the bruises littering his torso he had ceased the removal of the high school student's clothes. And then Taehyung was sobbing again, but this time he wasn't alone and he could cry against someone's warm chest. Hesitantly he pressed light kisses to some of the bruises he could reach, watching briefly in amusement when the muscles of Jungkook's surprisingly athletic build would tense up as soon as his lips made contact with the skin.

"Stay with me again?"

Jungkook couldn't find it in him to say no, that he had almost been late to classes because Taehyung just looked so cute while he was sleeping, because he could never say no to Tae. No meant he wouldn't smile and the younger male wasn't sure if he could deal without the bright rectangular grin meeting him everyday. That's when he knew. He had dug himself so deep that he could feel the dirt from the top of the hole falling in on him. Soon there would be no way out, but he was strangely okay with that. As long as Taehyung was happy (and maybe he was the source of that happiness), he was happy.

"Wouldn't have it any other way, Tae-Tae."