Suddenly, Dean realized something. “So Cas is here?”

When Metatron nodded, even Sam couldn’t hold Dean back anymore. He flew forwards and started attacking Metatron. Sam quickly went after him, trying to get Metatron away from Dean and keeping Dean away from Metatron at the same time.

Sam sighed. If they could just distract Metatron and then hurt him so much all at once, they probably wouldn’t be hurt and they would have left some energy. But now, his plan wouldn’t work. Dean had messed it all up and they had to fight.

Sam didn’t blame Dean. When Dean had come into his and Jess’ room at night all those years ago, the first thing he did was fight the stranger. He hadn’t stopped until he had seen it was Dean. On hunts, it was the same story. Fight the evil, protect your family.  That’s how they were raised, and that’s how they would always react.

At first, Metatron had laughed when Dean attacked him. “You can’t hurt me, I’m an angel,” he had said. But once Dean had touched him with the bone, he stopped laughing.

“That’s not… that’s not what I think it is, right?”

Dean took the moment of confusion and stabbed him. But Metatron was smart, and quick, and Dean could only his his arm. However, it was enough to have Metatron bleeding.

Both Sam and Dean froze completely, staring as hypnotized at the angel blood, flooding over Metatron’s arm.

Then, Dean slowly looked between the bone and the blood. His lips tugged into an evil smile. “Not so badass now anymore, are we?” he said to Metatron, who was frozen too, staring at the bone in Dean’s hand.

“It can’t be,” he whispered.

“Well, I don’t know what the hell this is, but I do know it’s able to hurt you. And so I will use it,” Dean simply replied. He attacked right after, and this time Sam fought with him immediately.

As Dean kept stabbing Metatron in several places, just to hurt him enough so he couldn’t hurt the brothers, Sam distracts Metatron by using the angel blade. He had put the gun in the loophole of his pants already, and switched hands while stabbing Metatron with the angel blade.

The angel blade didn’t have the same effect as the bone, but it still hurt Metatron. Soon, he realized he couldn’t do much but hoping this would be over soon while squirming in pain every time either Dean or Sam stabbed him.

While Metatron was getting weaker with every time the blade and bone hit him, Sam and Dean were getting their energy and hope back. They discovered that if Sam would hit Metatron in a wound Dean just had made, it would hurt twice as much.

It looked like torturing, but it wasn’t. Metatron had deserved this, for putting their family and all the angels in so much misery. With every time they hit him, they thought of another victim.

Sam. Dean. Cas.

Kevin, Gabriel.

Even Charlie was now involved in this mess.

Then, Dean realized he hadn’t thought of what had happened to Charlie. Was she okay? Had Chuck brought her back to the bunker? His thoughts distracted him, and Metatron noticed. He used the moment to take God’s blade and knocked away the bone.

Luckily, Sam always had Dean’s back, and therefore he knew what was going on. While hitting Metatron right in the open wound in his knee, he reached out to the bone behind him. Metatron had been stupid to let it go in Sam’s direction. Using his leg, he shoved Dean back the bone.

Dean knew he had made a mistake, and picked up the bone, stabbing Metatron even deeper.

It went on like this until they heard a voice, and they all froze right on their places.