Chapter eight

Zainab's POV
Monday morning rolled in like never before making the weekend seem as though it lasted for only twenty minutes. That enthusiasm and excitement to start work disappeared as soon as I woke up at 4am and decided to take a bath, pray and dress up for a job I knew nothing apart from the information I received online.
Williams Sanders Corp. dealt with the production of things to make life comfortable and affordable to not just the elite but the everyone at large. They produced. I mean we, yes WE produced blankets made out of pure cotton, foam mattresses, pillows, chandeliers, duvets and pretty much everything that had to do with interior designing. Our company was the best in the world and I am super excited to start.
"Hi, good morning," I smiled at the receptionist whose face flashed recognition when she saw me. "Hello Miss..." "Zainab Abdul Rahim," I replied and she nodded. "Ah! You must be the new personal assistant to Mr Sanders. He is expecting you," she stood up from her desk and guided me to the elevator I entered two days ago. The ride felt like forever since we both had nothing to discuss and she seemed uncomfortable with me so close to her.
Thankfully, it wasn't long before the ping was heard confirming that our uncomfortable ride was over. She lead me to the very familiar office I was once very nervous to visit and yet again, Jared was standing in front of the door, guarding it as if his life depended on it.
I turned to the receptionist whose name I read from her tag as Marisa asking her 'what next' with a look and she cleared her throat and winked at Jared who grunted in response. She passed a coy smile at me and entered the office leaving me outside to wait for her.
   Moments later, she walked out and smiled at me with her pearly whites. "He is expecting you," she said and nodded at Jared who grunted and opened the door for me. "Thank you Miss Marisa," she smiled and walked away.
  I walked inside the familiar office again and found Mr Sanders dressed in a red suit with perfectly styled hair typing away on his laptop. I cleared my throat to grab his attention and he smiled and offered a seat to me. "Thank you," I replied and sat, placing my bag on the floor beside me.
"Hello Miss Abdul Rahim, welcome to Williams Sanders Corp. where you will be working as my personal assistant," he paused and said, "as my personal assistant, you will be required to be in office fifteen minutes before everyone so if everyone is coming at 7:30am, you come at 7:15am, understood?" He raised his brows and I nodded. "Yes sir," I replied. "Good," he said and continued, "sometimes my work could require that I fly out of the country and when I do, you will be coming with me," he searched my face for any reaction but I kept it neutral and nodded. I wanted to have a good impression. "You will be in charge of my phone calls and arranging my schedules accordingly. You are to bring in my coffee at 7:20am which is the time I will be arriving and also, you will be the last to leave the office because you have to make sure my files and other things are arranged before I come to work the next day. You are to escort me to balls and other parties including family parties. Any questions?" He asked after his big rant. Out of like two hundred words, I only heard fifty so I didn't have any questions. He sighed after noticing my confused look and just handed a huge file to me. "Everything I said is in here," I took the file from him with relief written on my face because I wouldn't want to make any mistakes especially on my first day. "Where is my office please?" I asked quietly and he pointed to a cabin beside him. "There, I will use an intercom to call you when I need you. Or Jared could do it for me," he said and smiled. "You can go now, I will call you when I need anything," he said and I smiled and stood up to leave. "Oh and Miss Abdul Rahim?" He called just as I reached the door. I turned and raised my brows. "Don't keep quiet, speak up when it's needed," he smiled and I furrowed my brows and nodded. "Thank you Mr Sanders," I nodded and walked out of the office with what he said still playing in my head. "What does he mean?" I asked myself as I stepped foot inside my cabin.
My jaws dropped slightly when I saw how huge my cabin was. It had grey walls and polished wooden floors painted white so it could match with the mahogany desk and leather office chair which sat directly opposite the huge flat screen that seemed as though it hasn't been used for ages. "Woah!" I exclaimed as I looked around me. It all seemed unbelievable so I had to pinch myself a couple of times to assure myself that I wasn't dreaming.
I placed the large book on my desk and walked around it to take a seat on my chair. Felt good to say that to myself.
I crossed my legs and picked up the handbook to have a look at what was inside. I almost let out a laugh when I saw some of the rules and regulations in the book. Abdul would really love this.

    I spent the next three hours running errands, getting coffee, sending gifts to people, scheduling meetings, rescheduling meetings and cancelling them as well. I have never felt so happy working before, it feels really amazing working in this very luxurious office knowing that I have my very own prayer space and I can leave this office at noon every Friday for Jummah prayers. Courtesy of Mr Sanders.