Chapter seven

Zainab's POV
"You're home early," I teased dropping my bag on the couch. Abdul who was watching a program on television jumped up and started bombarding me with questions which made me chuckle. "I'm fine, the interview was good," I replied to his questions as I took off my veil and sat on the couch across the television. "How good?" He eyed me suspiciously and I smirked. "So good that I got hired immediately!" I yelled and his jaws dropped to the floor in complete shock. "This is actually what happened," I began. "He read through my file and asked me a few questions which I answered greatly Alhamdulillah and I got hired," I shrugged and sipped my coffee. "Oh come on Abdul, snap out of it," He cleared his throat and sat up straight. "So when do you start?" "Seriously Abdul?!" I gave him a look. "What?" He shrugged innocently. "No congratulations or something?" I rolled my eyes and he laughed, like really hard. "We aren't in wonderland girl, snap out of your dreams," he scoffed and I narrowed my eyes at him. "When do you start?" He asked again and I sighed. "Monday," I said standing up to enter my room. "That is cool," he said shifting his eyes back on the television. "Yep. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to my room, bye," I blew a kiss and he wavered it off making me laugh. "I hate you!" I called out as I climbed the stairs and he responded to it with a huge laugh. "Me too!" He replied.

I came out of my room after two hours for a little snack only to find Abdul in the exact position I left him earlier, watching another movie. I shook my head and walked inside the kitchen. I grabbed a large Oreo cookie box and walked out to join Abdul since I had nothing doing.
"Do you ever get tired of watching television?" A look of disbelief settled on my face when he shook his head and took five cookies from my box.
"Hey! Go get your own!" I exclaimed with my mouth full with cookies and he just laughed it off. "Tomorrow is Saturday," he said quietly, shifting his eyes on me. "And?" I shrugged. "What do you plan to do this weekend?" I sighed and exhaled. "Don't know," I shrugged. "Planning on visiting the hospital and maybe do a little shopping," I replied and bit into another cookie. "Cool, have you told Mom bout your new job?" He asked. "She was sleeping when I visited her," I responded. "Cool cool," he nodded snd shifted his attention back on the television. I stared at his face grabbing all the details I had never seen before. Coming to think of it, Abdul's eyes were more of hazel than brown and his hair was the true definition of curly. I sometimes sat and wondered how and why he doesn't have girls swooning over him. "Hey Abdul," he grunted and shifted his eyes on me. "What?" He grumbled. "Have you made some friends in school?" I don't know why I was asking but I was. I just wanted to start a conversation since I was really bored. He looked taken aback for a second before he cleared his throat to regain his composure. "Nope, not at all," he shrugged and went back to his television. "Why?"
"Is it wrong to not be interested in making friends?" He snapped and my eyes went wide. "Abdul, that is no way to speak to me," I said and he hang his head. "Sorry, I'm just really stressed," he passed a hand through his hair and let out a huge sigh. "What is it?" I asked softly. He exhaled sharply "exams, end of term," he said and threw himself on the couch behind him. "And? What's the stress?" He passed me an 'are you kidding me' look which I replied to with a confused look of my of my own. "Do you know what we have been doing for this term?" He asked sitting up straight. "What?" I tried to hold back a laugh but his expression was too adorable. "We have been into a lot of practical things and honestly I can't remember a single one of them and they just keep piling up and I.." he let out a frustrated scream and I swallowed hard so I wouldn't laugh. "Okay calm down," I paused to pick my next words. "When is the exams?"
"Next month," he replied. I nodded and stood up. "I'll help you study. But for now, relax and clear your brain," "you can't study anything if you are not relaxed," I added after he opened his mouth to protest. He sighed defeatedly and nodded. "Aight," he raised his hands in mocking surrender and shrugged. "What should I do to clear my head?" He asked with a bored face. "We are going to the amusement park tomorrow,"
"Seriously? That place is for kids, it's so boring," he frowned. "You are a kid mister," I placed my hands on my waist and rolled my eyes. "You will have fun, trust me on this okay?" I placed a hand on his shoulder forcing him to look at me. "Fine," he said in a mocking voice. I clapped and stood up.
"I'm heading off to my room, off the things when you are done okay?" "Aye aye captain," he saluted. I rolled my eyes and left him all alone in the hall.

      Back in my room, I took a quick bath, prayed and lay on the bed with my laptop on my abdomen searching for a good series on Netflix. I am a very big fan of Kdrama much to Abdul's disgust. He was more of a blockbuster movie person and each time I tried watching a movie on the television, he would throw a tantrum and Mama would let me change it to his channel. It annoyed me a lot so I worked summer jobs and bought myself a laptop and subscribed to on of my friend's Netflix account. I was so happy with the look on Abdul's face when he found out I bought a new laptop. He begged me to allow him watch movies on it and obviously I said no but he continued begging so guess what I did. He pays $50.00 if he wants to watch a movie on my laptop. Yep, I'm that mean.
I pressed play and the movie began. I watched and munched on some popcorn enjoying the way I was spending my Friday. This might be the last time I'll enjoy my weekday.