Chapter 24

Chapter 24Is love worth a second chance?

Chapter 24
Is love worth a second chance?

👑

Mendez de Sotomayor palace

"Ma, sigurado na ba kayong hindi kayo sasama sa 'min?" Sofia Elena asked her mother when they were already outside the palace. Sa 'di kalayuan ay nandoon na ang sasakyan na maghahatid sa kanila ni Sinclair pabalik sa siyudad. It was still early in the morning and they need to get back in the city as early as possible too. Later, she will have a staff meeting for the upcoming Prime Minister election.

Lady Violetta shook her head and cupped her right cheek. "Hindi na, anak. I'm going to be fine here and I am enjoying my stay here too. Although I would love to be with you longer, mas ka-kailanganin kasi ako ni Rafael. Rafael is like my son now. Huwag kayong mag-aalala, bibisitahin ko kayo ni Sinclair, my first apo." Lady Violetta crouched down to meet Sinclair in the eye level.

"Apo, magpakabait ka sa Mama mo, okay? Always make your grandmother proud for being a respectable man."

Sinclair vigorously nodded. "I promise po. I will miss you, Lola," he immediately hugged Lady Violetta and the old woman gave her grandson a quick kiss on the side of his forehead too.

"Mag-ingat kayo rito, Mama," Sofia uttered once again. "Just remember, you can always call me anytime if you need help."

Lady Violetta nodded, "I know. I love you, anak."

Fia smiled at her mother and gave her a quick hug as well. "I love you too, Mama. I'm so happy to see you again." She whispered softly.

Ilang segundo naman ay pumasok na silang dalawa ni Sinclair sa loob ng sasakyan. Fia waved her one last goodbye to her mother and then finally leaving her.

"Mama, are we going to visit Papa this week?" Sinclair suddenly asked who was sitting beside her.

Fia held her son's hand, squeezing. "We will, you just have to wait, okay?"

Tumango ito. "Okay, Mama. I can't wait to see Papa again."

Fia just smiled and gave her son a kiss on the top of his head.

Pagkatapos ng ilang oras na biyahe ay nakabalik na rin sila sa Ortiz de Rozaz. Sinalubong naman sila kaagad ng mga royal household staff para mag-assist. Sinclair's governess immediatey tended to her son. Ito na ang nagdala kay Sinclair papasok sa loob. Napansin din ni Sofia si Gonzalo na kanina ring naghihintay sa pagbabalik.

Gonzalo immediately went closer to her. He bowed his head as a sign of curtsy. "Your majesty."

"Gonzalo," she called his name, acknowledging him. Sabay na silang dalawang naglalakad papunta sa loob ng palasyo.