Chapter 14

Chapter 14Family

Chapter 14
Family

👑

Ortiz de Rozaz palace

Sofia Elena took a deep breath as she entered Madrid Anselmo's office. It was still early in the morning and she didn't have the slightest idea why her estranged husband would need her presence inside. Nang makapasok na siya at nakita niya itong nakatayo habang nakadungaw sa bintana. His aura seemed gloomy. Parang tuloy siyang nakaramdam ng kaba.

She didn't have any idea why would he suddenly call her during that time. Yesterday, he forced her to attend a meeting regarding on how will they announce to the people about her sudden reappearance. Although rumors were already spreading in the country that indeed, she was alive, the Crown will have to confirm it first.

But their meeting was interrupted when Phaedron Lukas suddenly emerged in the meeting hall and punched Madrid. Everyone was shocked at what just happened and everyone probably didn't expect Phaedron would be back at the country. All they know were that he was going to stay in Switzerland for good.

"So you're conspiring again to dethrone me, now with my own brother, huh, wife?" Biglang sabi nito at tumingin sa kanya. She immediately noticed his bruised lower lip as well as the cut around his left cheek. Bigla siyang nakaramdam ng awa dahil sa natamong mga sugat nito dahil kay Pancho—but she quickly shrugged her thoughts off and stared back at her husband.

"You're accusing me when I didn't do anything yet," she answered. Phaedron didn't stay at the palace and decided to stay in a hotel. Hindi niya alam kung anong susunod na gagawin nito. But he told her that he would be talking to the politicians to gain their support. He told her that when he was a prince, he took a lot of royal responsibilities together with King Julian. The people love him and the elder politicians likes him too. Unlike Madrid who was always a rebel prince since then, Phaedron has more connections with the other high ranking politicians.

"You were tending to him even though he was the one who punched me." Anito. He sounded like a kid whimpering.

"Because you deserved it." She answered boldly. "For all the cruel things that you did in this country."

Kinunutan siya nito ng noo. Ipinagpatuloy lang ni Fia ang pagsasalita niya.

"You arrested your own sister. Wala ka na bang awa? She's your blood." Puno ng hinanakit na sabi niya rito. Madrid's face became blank. He didn't show any remorse from what he did. "Your royal gruads shot Atty. De Luca." Naikuyom na lang niya ang mga kamay niya.

Atty. Sylas de Luca was a good person and a brilliant lawyer. Sa panahon na magkasama sila sa association at sa pagtotour ng bansa, she knew Atty. De Luca was a just man with principles... and he was close to Princess Amalia. He was the princess' only friend.