Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Jodie Grey

👑

Snowdon

Mas lalong bumilis ang tibok ng puso ni Madrid Anselmo nang papalapit na sa kanya ang batang lalake. He was confused why he was feeling that way. It was like he was scared to face the kid. Like he felt ashamed and uncomfortable and he doesn't know why.

He shook his head instead and turned his back. He chickened out. He doesn't even know the kid so why would he even bother to talk to him? The Snowdon residence already had a new owner. Hindi na niya pakikialaman kung anong gustong gawin ng may-ari sa bahay. He was already done with it. He doesn't want to dwell on that place again as he would remember his wife's memories—another unending pain.

Hindi na niya hinintay ang bata at kaagad bumalik sa kotse niya. A few seconds later, he drove off into the road. He sighed numerous times while driving. Maybe, he'll just go to a bookstore and buy a book which is written by the new owner, Jodie Grey. Siguro sa libro, makakasagap siya ng impormasyon tungkol sa bagong may-ari.

He suddenly remembered his deceased wife. Sofia Elena had always wanted to be a writer, even took a literature major at University of St. Ambrose. If only she had lived, maybe by now, his wife already graduated college and probably a famous author.

Ilang minuto naman ay may nakita siyang isang bookstore. He immediately drove towards the store and parked his car properly. Pagkatapos ay pumasok kaagad siya sa loob ng store.

The owner, who was an old woman, seemed shocked to see him there, just being ordinary.

"Your majesty," the old woman quickly curtsied. "G-Good morning." She stuttered as if she was fearing him.

Madrid gave her a tight smile. "Do you have a book..." He started, scanning the place. "Written by Jodie Grey?"

The old woman became quiet, internalizing what he said. Pagkatapos ng ilang segundo ay nagsalita ito. "Ah, oo! Sikat iyang si Jodie Grey, isa 'yan sa bestseller dito sa bookshop. Teka lang po, kukuha ako ng sample ng libro niya." Anito saka umalis saglit. A few seconds later, she went back and showed him a thick fiction book.

"She usually writes medieval and fantasy stories, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings type of novels..."

Napatitig si Madrid sa libro. He was carefully examining it. The title of the book was "The Tragedy of Avalon" and it was loosely based on Greek mythology. Ibinigay sa kanya ng babae ang libro at kaagad niyang binasa ang blurb sa likod nito.

He was impressed.

The writer probably has a very wide imagination.

"I'll get this one," he told the lady owner.

"Good choice, Sir."

Pagkatapos niyang bilhin ang libro ay bumalik siya kaagad sa kotse.

Tonight, he's going to read Jodie Grey's book.

👑

Metro City Correctional Facility