Chapter 22

Chapter 22Love is strange

Chapter 22
Love is strange

👑

Metro City Correctional Facility

"You have a visitor."

Napatigil si Madrid Anselmo nang magsalita ang jail guard na nagbabantay sa selda niya. He was only lying on his bed, contemplating. Napaupo naman siya. He was confused on who would visit him during that hour.

He didn't expect anymore that someone would visit him. He didn't even expect that anyone from his family would pay a visit, especially his wife and son. After all the terrible things that he did to the country, he deserves to rot in jail. He deserves his sentence. He deserved the death penalty that was given to him during trial. He deserved to die in a few weeks. As what the people have wanted.

He was already waiting for his death sentence that is going to happen after three weeks. The public want it fast. And he already accepted his fate.

Madrid stood up. The guards immediately opened his cell's door. He was heavily guarded as he was branded in the country as the most prolific criminal. Nang nasa labas na siya ay tinanguan siya ng isa sa mga guwardiya. Ang isa naman ay pinosasan ang dalawang kamay niya sa likod.

"The visitor is already at the visiting area, waiting," the other guard said as he was escorted towards the visitor's area. His eyes widened when he saw a familiar figure sitting on one of the waiting tables.

The guards escorted him to sit opposite to the person who visited him. A few seconds later, he was left alone with his visitor, his hands still being handcuffed in his back.

"Gonzalo." He mentioned his name. He was still confused because of his old butler's sudden visit.

Gonzalo bowed his head as if he was still the King. Then the old man examined his face. For a second, Madrid saw pity on his eyes. "Are they treating you right here?"

Madrid didn't expect his question. He shrugged. "Yes. They treated me the same way as those people who got detained in this place too."

The old man didn't answer and was merely staring at him. Madrid knows Gonzalo noticed the recovering bruises he had on his face. He sighed. "I got transferred to a new cell last week to avoid fights."

Gonzalo nodded. "The Queen instructed me to visit Mendez de Sotomayor palace last night. She ordered me to look after Rafael."

Madrid fell silent. He stared down on the table. Gonzalo Martin finally knew.

"Why?"