Chapter 85

2018

It was close to midnight when we finally left the stadium and the euphoria I was feeling hadn't subsided. David, Thiago and the rest of the men's team bid us goodbye since they had to get a good night's sleep before their final game tomorrow, but the women's team, the coaches and our families and friends were all going out to celebrate. Valentine had made the plans and it was in one of Julian's clubs.

Thankfully Peter had driven my car to the stadium, so he gave my brother, Alex, Rafaella and Neymar Sr a ride to the party while Neymar and I quickly drove to my apartment so I could change before we joined them.

When we reached the club, I saw a lot of people waiting outside to greet and congratulate the players as they walked in, as well as photographers taking pictures. "There's an underground parking." I told Neymar. "But screw it. The cat is out of the bag now, let's go say hi to the people here."

Neymar smiled widely as I stopped the car in front of the club and we got out. Cheers erupted when they spotted us. Neymar waited while I left the car with the valet and when I joined him, I took his hand in mine. We walked inside together, stopping to take photos and sign jerseys along the way.

Neymar turned to look at me, when we walked inside. "So?"

Instead of replying, I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss.

"Heyo!" Valentine yelled when she saw me and ran up to hug me. "You've been busy, bitch! "I saw that kiss on the stands... phew, that was hot!" She told the both of us.

"Are you already drunk?" I asked her.

"Maybe. The question is, why aren't you?" She said, dragging me with her. Neymar shrugged his head and followed us.

"Congrats on the championship." Julian said approaching us, as Valentine went to the bar. I saw Saad at the bar, chatting to some other players from the team. He turned to look at me momentarily but then returned his attention to them.

"Thanks Julian." I told him, hugging him. Mostly to put an end to the awkward moment. Valentine returned with four shots and we clinked glasses before drinking.

I took Neymar's hand and we moved around the room, greeting people. Everyone was in a great mood, congratulating each other, dancing and drinking. I saw Rafaella dance with Alex, Peter and Marlena. It was a weird to see Marlena dance since she never did, but it was even weirder that Peter did too.

"I think they like each other. Someone should put both of them out of their misery and inform them that neither of them likes dancing." I told Neymar who laughed.

"No, no let them. It's good to step out of their comfort zone. They might discover they like it."

"I know I did." I said, smiling at him. We stopped momentarily to talk to our 3P programmer Morena who was here with her girlfriend. I hadn't met her before, but she was also Brazilian and beyond excited to meet Neymar, who happily obliged to take a photo with both of them.

"You were amazing." Morena told me. "Oh, Angelique is also here. She wanted to congratulate you too, but I think she might have had a fight with her boyfriend, cause she's on the phone with him outside."

I hoped it wasn't something serious. I thanked Morena and then Neymar and I joined Clara and my brother who were in one of the tables.

"You guys broke the internet today. Or at least the Brazilian internet." Clara commented.

I hadn't looked online, but I knew people had filmed me and Neymar on the stands. I didn't really care. I didn't want to hide our relationship anymore. The moment we won, the only thing I wanted was to celebrate with him, not caring about what anyone else thought. The only thing that worried me was if that made things with the 3P case more complicated, since they already said that I sabotaged the team for Neymar. Now that there was proof we were together, those rumors would grow.