But I do know where he lives...

Before I can even process what I'm doing, I'm walking out the door and heading toward his place.

Halfway there, I start to panic and second guess myself. I start to backtrack to my apartment when I pass a continence store and spot an item that would give me an excuse to go see him. I purchase it, skip a bag and rush all the way to his house before I can change my mind again.

My heart is pounding as I knock on his door, hearing the dead bolt slide free the moment my knuckles touch the door. My heartbeat is so hard that I can feel it pulsing in my ears and my fingers grip the can in my grasp even harder.

I can't tell if the wait for Tenya to open the door was five seconds or five decades but when the doorknob turns and a slightly bruised hero is standing in front of me, the world stops.

He's wearing a matching pajamas set tailor made to fit around his exhaust pipes and complete with slippers that I thought were exclusively sold to grandpas. His hair is disheveled like he just rolled out of bed and he's not wearing his glasses as he blearily rubs his eyes. It is still pretty early in the morning and he's standing there, looking at me with equal confusion and shock.

"Kagi? What are you doing here? How did you know I lived here?" He asks, stepping aside to let me in like a courteous person he is. I don't step inside.

"I heard you were having trouble getting up and going, so I brought you this" I pass him the item I bought. He takes it without question, getting it close to his face to read the label.

"Kagi. This is WD-40." He states and I nod "I am not a robot."

"Tell that to your calves"

His face softens and he smiles at me. "Come in." I step over the threshold and take off my shoes when he passes me a set of house slippers to wear. "Have you had breakfast? I have some items I can scramble up something."

"I'm fine" I stand in the middle of a tastefully decorated living room. There are throw pillows and plush blankets neatly placed along the couches in the large room. It's all tones of brown that compliment each other and goes with the red carpet, red drapes and occasional red accent.

"Have a seat" he gestures to one of the couches facing the tv that's set into huge bookcases that extend the length of one wall. The bookcases are stuffed to the gills with books, not a single bookend or decoration to be found on them with all the literature crammed in there. It seems like there's a wide variety of texts even though some look like boring nonfiction.

I sit on the edge of one of the couches that meets the other at a capital L. He sits on the other couch close enough to me so our knees touch. He puts the can of WD-40 on the coffee table.

"So, I guess I should fess up that I kind of stalked you one night and followed you home." I admit before he can ask again how I know where he lives again.

"I should be freaked out by that" is all he says.

"Probably." An awkward silence follows and I shift uncomfortably, my knee rubbing against his. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I got tied up and beaten." His eyes bore into mine, searching for something. I don't know if he finds it.

"Ella called me." He stiffens. "What did you even tell her?"

"Why do you care? You did not even stick around to see if I made it out safely." He shoots back, pulling his knee away from mine. That action hurts more than his implication.

"Because me showing up to save your ass wasn't enough." I snip, immediately regretting it. "Sorry I didn't mean it like that. I did wait. I was in the crowd. I wouldn't take off until I knew you were okay." He takes a breath like he's going to say something "alright. 'Okay' might be a bit of a stretch."