Chapter 13: Aftershock

Light, once again was super bright. I covered my eyes as I opened them slowly. "Vic?" Ashton asked, walking to my side. I grunted in response. I could hear the beeping of machines. I could also feel IV's in my arms and hands. I was in the hospital.

"Go get the doctor!" I heard Tom. "For the hundredth time, I'm not leaving her alone. She's my sister compared to whatever she is to you. You do it" Ashton sneered. "Whatever than" Tom grumbled. I heard him walk out before opening my eyes all the way. "what happened, how long have I been here" I asked quietly.  My eyes where still burning from the light.

"A week. You lost a lot of blood" Brooklyn respond, appearing at my side. The memories of the fight swept through my mind. "The spider" I trailed. "Still in the basement" Brooklyn responded. "Why is that what your worried about?" Ashton asked, laughing.

"In here. She's awake" Tom yelled, running in with the nurse hot on his heels. "Hi Ms. Wood how are you feeling" the nurse asked pulling the stethoscope from around her neck. She placed the ear pieces in her ears and stuck the cold metal piece on my chest. "Dizzy. Thirty" I responded, taking some deep breaths as she moved the metal piece to different spots.

"I can get you some apple juice and crackers" The nurse smiled. She placed the stethoscope back around her neck. "You lost a lot of blood, we did a blood transfusion a few days ago, we hooked you to some substances for your body" she said pointing at a couple tubes.

"Why is she dizzy" Braxton asked, standing up from a chair close to my head. "It's normal for people to be a bit dizzy when they first wake up from a coma" the nurse nodded at Braxton. "So she's okay?" Braxton asked, worry obvious in his voice.

"She will be after the crackers and juice" the nurse nodded again. "Let her leave the room, would you" Ashton sighed. "Right, thank you" Braxton mumbled. The nurse walked out of the room. "Where's Chad?" I asked panicking. I wasn't sure if my spider had finished him off. By that point my vision was too blurred to see straight.

"Your freak spider ate him. Chewed on him like he was a chew toy" Tom shivered in disgust. "Be nice to the spider, it practically saved my life" I glared. "Why are you even here" I asked suddenly. "Well" he mumbled, turning a deep shade of pink.

"He told us that you said he could be there to help you against Chad" Ashton glared at Tom, hatred saturated in his glare. "I may have told a small lie" Tom looked as his feet, as he shoved his hands in the pocket of his hoodie.

"You little" Ashton said through his teeth. He charged toward Tom, grabbing a handful of sweatshirt off Toms chest. "My sister is in the hospital because of a little worm and you still have the audacity to lie and say she said you could be here?" Ashton asked irritated, only an inch from his face.

"Ash" I quickly sat up, watching them with wide eyes. "I tried telling her that Travis wasn't on your side" Tom sighed, detaching Ashton's hand from his sweatshirt. All eyes were looking at me. "Did he?" Braxton asked quietly.

"He literally told me the morning if the homecoming game. I didn't have time to tell everyone, that it plan wasn't going to work" I mumbled, fumbling with my fingers. "And she didn't believe me" Tom pointed out. "Nobody was talking to your annoying ass" Ashton said, holding up a hand to him.

"Wow" Tom said under his breath, looking away. "Okay stop you two, this has been going on for a week" said Brooklyn. Her eyes widened with frustration. "There's nothing left to do now that Chad is gone. The end of the school year is just around the corner" Braxton said looking at the opposite wall, confused. The nurse finally walked back in to give me the crackers and juice. I took both happily.

"Mom would be proud of what you did a week ago. Dad would be too" Braxton smiled. "I'm surprised you're even alive" Toms eyes widened with amazement, a smile spreading across his face. "Seriously, I want to punch you in the face everytime you talk" Ashton said, making fists at his sides with both hands.

I couldn't help but laugh at this. "You two are ridiculous" I shook my head smiling. "Can we keep him? Please say No" Ashton responded rolling his eyes, folding his arms. "Say yes just to piss him off. I can see myself annoying you for the rest my life" Tom laughed.

Ashton glared at him, making the rest of us laugh. "You never know, maybe you will" Brooklyn responded still laughing.