Chapter Fifteen: Deep End

Start from the beginning

She was moving closer and closer. The clerk also took note of Ivy's presence and suggested they take their discussion to an office. Bruce agreed.

"Mr. Wayne, a moment." Ivy called out before they stepped away.

Bruce nodded and stepped away from the clerk. She looked him up and down but he kept himself composed as usual. He left a small smile on his face as though to seem welcoming. She was watching him with a devious look in her eye though if he wasn't batman he wouldn't have been able to tell. So he made sure to keep his guard up.

"I hear you're interested in the garden." She drawled and was making direct eye contact.

"I'm looking into it." He nodded, "I think the city can benefit from something like a bigger garden center."

"I think so to." She crossed her arms over her chest, "I'm just surprised a man like you would care."

"A man like me?" He raised an eyebrow, "what kind of man am I?"

"The arrogant, rich-boy kind." She scoffed, "born with a gold spoon in your mouth."

"You perceive me poorly." Bruce huffed, "I am not that man."

"Doubtful." She chuckled, "but I do think a larger garden is a good first step."

Bruce hid the annoyance that burned in his chest and nodded, "better opportunities for jobs, after school programs, a cleaner air project if possible."

"Already having ideas, maybe there is hope for you yet, Mr.Wayne." She winked, "one last parting gift."

She blew pink dust at his face and before he could dodge it he inhaled some of the dust. He keeled over and let out a rough cough. As he stood back up he could see that she was gone. His chest burned and suddenly so did the rest of his face. He quickly went to the clerk and told her he'd send someone over to finalize a deal. He sprinted out the garden and got into his car.

He started the car and felt the panic start to rise. He took in a couple deep breaths doing his best to remain calm. This isn't the first time she's spiked him with one of her chemicals but none of them were ever pink. He quickly weaved through traffic doing his best to not hit anyone. His entire body burned and his pants tightened.

"This can't be happening." Bruce huffed, "sex pollen?"

He couldn't go back to the manor in his state he knew better than that. He quickly drove onto the highway away from Gotham. Bruce pushed a few buttons and his Bluetooth connected to contact Alfred.

"Master Bruce, is everything alright?" Alfred questioned, "I just returned home with the boys."

"I'm making a quick trip to metropolis I'll be back tonight or tomorrow morning." His voice was tight, "I've run into a hiccup and I need to figure it out."

"Are you sure-"

"Positive, tell the boys I'll take them out for breakfast tomorrow so we can catch up." Bruce clenched his teeth, "goodbye, Alfred."

He hung up and pressed harder on the gas his body aching. Everything in him burned so he decided to make one last call.

"Hello?" Clark answered the call.

"Are you home?" Bruce's body felt like it was going to explode just at the sound of Clark's voice.

"Yes, just finished making dinner." Clark hummed, "why?"

"I'll be there soon." Bruce groaned, "I need your help."

"My help? What's going on, Bruce?" He could hear the concern in Clark's tone.

"Ivy got to me." Bruce swerved almost hitting another car.

"Got you with what?" Clark questioned.

"Sex pollen." Bruce spat knowing Clark would never let him hear the end of it.

The silence between the two was almost deafening. Bruce could feel his heart pounding harder and harder the longer the silence stretched.

"Clark?" Bruce hated how his voice sounded.

"Yea, yea, I'm here-I uh- yea I'll help I-" Clark sounded nervous and Bruce was use to him rambling but there was something off.

"If you don't feel comfortable-"

"No!" Clark cut him off, "it's fine, I'm here."

"Okay, I'll be there soon." Bruce sighed and hung up.

He hoped it would wear off soon. The way he felt like his skin was itching and his insides were boiling made him want to scream. He groaned as turned into another long stretch of road. He hoped the ride would be faster than it felt. He didn't know how much longer he could take without being touched.