Long bonde hair

A/n: chapter seven. It's during Teddy's sixth year.?

**********************************************************************************************************

Teddy sat under a tree on the Hogwarts grounds together with Will and two ravenclaw girls called Jolene and Emily. Teddy and Will had started to hang out with this girls in the end of fifth year and they had now became really good friends.

Emily's dad had also been killed in the war though she still had her mum. She loved to talk. It didn't matter what it was about, she just loved to talk about things. She had dark brown hair that went down to her shoulders. She laughed very easily and was always happy.

Jolene was a very nice girl with dark bouncy hair and brown skin. She was quite tall and she loved to listen when Emily talked, which made them a really great duo. Though Jolene liked to talk too, but most of all she liked to compete. She was in the ravenclaw quidditch team and she always competed in grades. Though she wasn't that kind of person who boosted if she won, she just liked competitions.

At the moment they were doing their Transfiguration homework which wasn't working out very well because Will and Emily had gotten into an argument about something as silly as which was the greatest quill-sort, Jolene was watching them, looking very amused and Teddy had his eyes over at a gang of girls close to the lake.

One of the girls had long blonde hair and a beautiful smile. She was the most amazing person in the world and she had played a gnome game with Teddy just a few weeks earlier. Still Teddy hadn't seen her in this way until that day, a week before school started. That day when she had kissed him on the cheek after that they had been swimming in the sea outside her house. It had just been a friendly kiss, on of those kisses that she gave everyone, but still. Her lips had been so warm and it had just been so wonderful.

He had looked at her in a whole new was since then. He had seen how wonderful and amazing and outstanding she really was. He didn't want to admit it to himself but he knew that he, Edward Remus Lupin, was in love with her, in love with the girl that he had always thought of as a cousine.

He had tried to push away the though of him and her in that way because it just wouldn't work. What would Harry and Ginny think, what would Bill and Fleur think and most important of all, what would Victoire herself think?

But even if he tried to just think about something else it just didn't work. He wished that she wasn't relative to Harry and Ginny. If she hadn't been that it wouldn't be so hard, then everything could've been easy. But now it wasn't.

'Hey Ted,' Emily said and he snapped back to reality. 'Don't think that the quills from Flourish and Blott's are better than the quills from Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop?'

'Um,' Teddy said. He really hadn't expected to be dragged into the argument. 'Well, is there really any difference? I mean quill as quill, right?'

'But if you have to choose, wouldn't you choose Flourish and Blott's then?'

'Er... I don't really think I care where I buy my quills. Though I guess that Scrivenshaft's are a bit more specialized on quills, because well, quills are their thing, right?'

'Exactally!' Will said. 'That's what I'm saying, they have much, much, better quills.'

'I really don't think so. Do you know what happened the last time I brought a quill from there? It broke after two weeks, the quills from Flourish and Blott's always hold at least three months.'

'Well the quills I buy from Scrivenshaft's never-'

'Oi!' Teddy said, he was tired of their nagging now. 'Shouldn't we be doing our homework eh? So, what's the most important part to think of in body transfiguration? Eeh... maybe to... sit perfectly still? Does any of you know?'

'Um Teddy,' Teddy heard a familiar voice and Teddy looked up quickly to see Victoire standing over next to him. He stood up quickly and smiled at her.

'Hi Vic!' he said, sounding way to happy to see her. 'So what brings you here?' What was he doing? that just sounded stupid!

Victoire grinned at him. 'Well, I just wondered if you could help me with a thing, it's about herbology and well, that's kind of your subject, isn't it?'

'Sure, I can help you,' he said and smiled, ignoring Will's wolf whistling.

Vic smiled and dragged him over the lawn to a tree closer to the lake where her friends sat. He said hello to the two girls who he had no idea who they were and sat down next to Vic in the high grass.

'Well,' Vic said and opened her book. 'Actually I just wanted to make sure that I was right, see, I think I know the answer though I'm not completely sure. Is that right?' she pointed on three, four lines on her parchment where she had described a very dangerous plant called "humanus comedenti" and how to avoid being eaten of it.

'It's great!' Teddy said and smiled at her. 'Much better than the one I wrote about this, though I think that if I were you I would put in that strong mint smell makes it weaker. Put that in and it'll be outstanding. Or well, it's already outstanding but-'

'Thank you Teddy,' Victoire giggled.

Teddy blushed. She was so beautiful he thought. He wanted to just put an arm around her or something like that, just to show how much he really care for her, he wanted her to know. Then the words slipped out if his mouth without he had time to stop them, to think about what he really said.

'Do you wan't to go to Hogsmeade with me Vic?'

She looked up at him, slightly surprised. What had he done!? He was such an idiot! She would hate him now. But Victoire just smiled. 'I'd love to Teddy,' she said and hugged him.

He was so overwhelmed by her answer that he didn't hug her back he just smelled the wonderful smell of her long blonde hair as a smile slowly grew bigger and bigger across his face. Suddenly the world had became so much more beautiful, so much more wonderful.

She let go of him and said "see you" in that kind of beautiful way she always did and he walked back to his friends who saw directly that he suddenly had become very happy and Jolene asked him what had happened. He did tell them and they smiled, saying that it had been pretty obvious that he liked her and that they were really happy for him, but Teddy didn't listen. They could as well have said that they hated him, he really wouldn't care less about that right now because he was going to Hogsmeade with Victoire Weasley, the most wonderful person in the world.