The gnome-game

It was as hot as a July day could be and Teddy and Victoire sat in the grass outside the burrow. Victoire was wearing a light pink tank top and short brown shorts. Her fair hair was in a loose plate on her back and as always she looked beautiful.

Teddy was sitting opposite to her, wearing a big dark blue shirt with short sleeves and shorts. His hair was light blue and he looked like her used to look.

Mrs Weasley had told them to chase away a few gnomes but they both felt that it was way to hot. So that's why they were just sitting in the high grass, being bored and very warm.

'How high d'you think that you could throw a gnome?' Victoire asked suddenly and looked at her cousin with a playful smile on her face.

Teddy rose an eyebrow. 'No idea,' he answered, slightly surprised by the random question. 'A thousand miles I guess,' he grinned.

'Oh, then you probably have world record! No really, let's have a competition.'

'A competition?'

'Yeah! If I can throw a gnome over the house you have to give me ten gallions. If you can throw one over I'll give you ten gallions. The first one to nail it is the winner. Ok?'

'We will never be able to throw them over the house,' Teddy said and looked up towards the rooftop. 'That's impossible!'

'Oh shut up downer! I'll start!' Vic took a good hold of a gnome she found in a bush. She spun it as fast as she could and then suddenly, she let go of it. It flew higher and higher and higher until it hit the house wall and started to fall downwards.

'This is animal torture,' Teddy said and looked at her.

'Ah come on Teddy, it's not animal torture, it's more... gnome torture. You get five tries!'

Teddy looked at her for a while, then he decided that they wouldn't get much more hurt than if you threw them ofer the hedge. He therefor took a hold of one and threw it as high as he could. It bounced against the wall and landed ten feet away from them.

'Too bad,' Vic said and grinned when she took a hold of a very fat looking one.

They played the game, but no one could throw over the roof. Finally Teddy's last and fifth time came. He took a gnome that looked even uglier than the rest of the lot. He started to spin it around his head and then he let go. It had been a very lame throw but it still flew a little bit. He and Vic watched it sour upwards and then, to their horrify, it flew through one of the windows. Molly and Arthur's window to be exact.

They just stood there for a while, looking terrified.

'Shit,' Vic finally muttered.

They ran into the house and up the stairs, as quietly as they could they opened the door to Vic's grandparents room and sneaked in. It was a mess.

'Gran's gonna kill us,' Vic said and looked at the mess the gnome already had done.

'We have to catch it!' Teddy said and made a run for the gnome but missed. They chased it around the small room in maybe five minutes until they finally got it.

'What's going on in there?!' they then heard Mrs. Weasley yell from outside the room.

'Crap!' Victoire shrieked. 'Throw it out the window Ted!'

Teddy rushed over to the window which was open and bend out if it, the door was slammed open, Teddy let go of the gnome and turned around to see a very chocked Mrs.Weasley.

'James and Fred,' she muttered, probably figuring that it was the pranksters who had done the mess and that Teddy and Vic only had found it. 'JAMES POTTER AND FRED WEASLEY!!! YOU COME DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!!!'

James and Fred rushed down the stairs from the room they shared and into their grandparents's bedroom. They stopped chocked when they saw the mess inside.

'Why wasn't we invited to this party?!' James asked and grinned. 'No really, what have you been doing in here?'

'You know very well what YOU two have been doing in here it's we who don't know,' Mrs. said angrily.

'Wait what?' Fred asked surprised. 'We haven't done a thing!'

'Oh don't you-'

'Molly!' Teddy interrupted. 'It was I who did it. I accidentally threw a gnome though the window.'

'You what dear?'

'Well, me and Vic played a game,' Teddy said. 'And well, it was a competition. The one who could throw a gnome over the roof would win. I kind of threw my gnome through your window, so technically, a gnome made the mess.'

'Well I'll be!' Mrs.Weasley said, then she started to smile and the smile turned into a laugh. 'It doesn't matter, just help me and clean up this mess.'

'Aren't you angry?' James asked, sounding just slightly disappointed.

'No I'm not mad James. After all, it was just a game.'