CHAPTER 13: Beginning of a new phase

Start from the beginning

After my accident Dadu, bring me back to this house. I protested a lot but he didn't listened to me. I didn't wanted to see him again. But Dadu told me that he had left to texas and also for six months. That's why i agreed to come here.

My injuries were very deep. Still I'm recovering from my wounds. That night i could have died for them. I will never forget the way they behaved with me that night. Dadu apologised a lot on behalf of his beast like grandson. I felt bad for dadu. He always tried to tell me that his grandson was not like that, he is a good person n all. But i really feel bad for dadu. He never knew that the little boy he has raised with so much love and care has turned to a huge beast.

Whenever dadu raised his topic, i kept silent. No, i don't hate him. I can never hate anyone but i don't like to talk about him. I'm scared of that night. Still i woke in panick. Still I'm having problems in crossing the road. Whenever i came near a lebel crossing, i hold random people's hand just to cross the road. I have developed a phobia of running cars.

The incident was horrible. I want to forget that night. I don't want to see him again. Dadu assured me that he will not come to this house.

But this family has become a part of my life. Natasha di, dwiti, dadu, nilima, mali chacha everyone. Except avay bhaiya. Still i can see hate in his eyes. But i don't hate him. I felt also bad for him. I find out that he is a drug addict. This is very bad. This addiction will kill him one day. I have to do something to stop him.

Finally i reached home and immediately Dwiti started her whining.

"Katti....i will not talk to you sejal...you are late"

I pulled her cheeks and put a lollypop inside her mouth.

"Chalo, go and get ready.....we are going to rock today"

Suddenly Dadu came.

"You are not going to participate in any game sejal......this is my order"- Dadu spoke like a king.

I suppressed a laugh.

"please you majesty....allow me to participate....i promise...i will take care of my health"- i also spoke by doing lots of dramas.

Dwiti started to laugh. This is our daily routine to do lots of dramas.

"Okay...in one condition.....first finish that milk"- Dadu pointed his finger very dramatically at the milk.

My face scrunched. I don't like milk.

"Drink sejal....It's an order"

"Dadu....na...."

"Yes"

"Na"

"Yes"

I finally defeated and gulp the milk by pressing my nose with my fingers. Then i shoved a lollypop inside my mouth.

Both dwiti and me bid good bye to dadu and left for her school. We get inside the car and driver drove off.

"Sejal, you know, my friend shital? Her chachu gifted a laptop to her......i want a laptop too......can you talk to mommy for that?"- dwiti said by wrapping her arms around my neck.

This is her habit. Whenever she want me to request something to natasha di, she did that kind of things.

"No, dwiti....you are too small to handle a laptop...."

Dwiti left my neck and makes a pout.

"Okay....i will ask Prithvi mamu for laptop....he never say no to me"

My heart jumped into my stomach. It was beating like a drum after hearing his name.

"Di....did he called....you?"- i couldn't control the shaking of my voice.