The New Agent

Monday 7:38 a.m.

Olive's POV

I was told that the new agent would soon be arriving, so I left my desk and walked over to the tube lobby. O'Duffey was sitting at the chair in front of the big computer that controls the tubes. I said hello and few seconds later, i saw a red ball come into the left-most tube.

"Incoming!" O'Duffey shouted.
I straightened up, making sure to give a good impression. When she un-squishinated, her eyes were closed. She had a worried expression on her face; which soon softened when she saw me.

"Oh thank goodness!" She exclaimed. "You're not Oren!"

I was relieved. "You aren't either!" I said. She doesn't like him either! All my worries of a second Oren were gone at that point.

"He may be my cousin, but don't worry. I'm not like him. I know how he acts around people who aren't me."

She stepped out of the tube.
"Where is Oren anyways?"

"He's currently on a case with his partner, Olaf. I'm Olive by the way."

I stuck my hand out for her to shake.

"O'(Y/N). Nice to meet you, Olive."

After she shook my hand, I walked her out of the tube room.

"So THIS is Odd Squad." She said in awe.

"Yep. It's pretty great. Let me show you around." I led her to the lab. Oscar was there working on a gadget.
"This is Oscar."
He didn't seem to see or hear us come up.

"Oscar!"

He turned around to face us. "Good. Oscar, this is-"

"I'm O'Y/N. Oren's cousin. Oh, sorry Olive, I didn't mean to interrupt you." O'(Y/N) sounded really eager to meet him. I guess interrupting people runs in the family. But she did it differently. She's polite. I brushed it off my shoulder.

"No problem. It happens."

"Maybe too much for me. I interrupted Instructor O one too many times."

Oscar's POV

The sound of Olive's voice boomed in my ears.

"Oscar!"

When I turned around, I saw Olive and someone, an agent, I had never seen before. Her voice sounded familiar, but I felt a feeling I've never felt when i saw her.

"Good. Oscar, this is-"

"I'm O'Y/N. Badge number
(B/N). Oren's cousin." Oren?!? I was very surprised. Maybe this is what he was bragging about earlier. After i was finished being deep in thought, i heard the girls talking about interrupting or something.

"Maybe too much for me." O'(Y/N) brushed her (H/C) hair behind her ear, which made me feel the feeling again. "I interrupted Instructor O one too many times." I went back to building the Spaghetti-Inator as the girls started leaving. O'(Y/N) quickly came back and asked,

"Oh, and Oscar. What are you making? Is it a Fish-Inator or something?" She smiled and that feeling came again. I shook it off.

"No, what am I, crazy?" I paused. "It's a Spaghetti-Inator."

"Oh. Cool!"

"O'(Y/N)! C'mon! I still have so much to show you!" Olive shouted from near the ball room.

"Coming! See you later, Oscar. It was nice meeting you." She waved and dashed over to Olive. I still had that feeling in my heart after she left. I ignored it and kept working on the Spaghetti-Inator.

Your POV

When I came over to Olive, she asked why I went back to Oscar.

"Oh. I was just curious on what he was building." Olive smirked and laughed silently. "What?" i asked.

"Nothing, nothing." She said. I was skeptical but brushed it off. I wonder; what was she thinking?