An Hour Before the Last Chapter

Monday 6:30 a.m.

Oren's POV

I rushed to get to work this morning. Why? I was going to gloat about my cousin arriving later that afternoon. Olaf was there already, potatoes and all. I spotted Olive and Otto thirty minutes later (a/n its 7:00 now) and saw the chance to gloat. I sauntered over to them and did my thing. "Hello Otto, Olive. Have you heard the news?'

Otto scrunched his eyebrows. "What news? There was news?" Does this man, no, boy, even use his brain?

"You weren't here yet when Ms. O announced it, partner," Olive informed him and faced me. "And yes, Oren. I heard that we're getting a new agent-" I shushed her there.

"But did you know that the new agent is my cousin?" They stood there speechless.

Olive's POV

'No. No, no, no.' I thought. 'We are not getting another Oren in the building. They'll both be trouble. Unless Oren's the only mean one.' I closed Otto's jaw, as it was dropping to the floor, and finally spoke.
"Well I feel bad for him, seeing as he's stuck with you as a cousin." I smirked.

"First of all, my cousin's a she,"

'A girl?' i thought again. That made me more hopeful that she wasn't like Oren.
"And second of all-" He was thankfully interrupted by Oscar.

Oscar's POV

When I walked into work this morning, Oren, as usual, was bragging about something to Olive and Otto. I couldn't hear what he was saying but noticed that Olive and Otto were getting annoyed, so I butted my head in between them.

"Hey, guys! What'cha talking about?" Oren rolled his eyes at me.

"Not your business." Oren then got called to Ms. O's office for a case and strutted away, taking Olaf with him.

After that I just waddled on over to the lab and worked on a spaghetti-inator that Oksana requested. (I wondered why she would need one. She's a cook.)
Around a minute later, Oren and Olaf came down the slide, and, I thought my eyes were deceiving me, Oren talked, not gloated, not bragged, talked to Olive (who was at her desk with Otto at his) about something before they went off to the tubes.

Otto's POV (sry i keep switching)

Oren came over to Olive and told her, not me, that while he and Olaf are off on their 1st case of the week (which just started) that

"If Olaf and I happen to not be back before my cousin arrives, Ms. O said that you have to show her around the place. She already cleared you from having any cases for today." I processed what he had said through my head for a few seconds.

"Did she say me and Olive or just Olive? Cause-" Guess who cut me off.

"I said just her. Are you deaf?" He nodded his head toward Olive with an unimpressed look on his face. Olaf called him over with a howl and he finally left. No longer will our desk smell the smell of Oren. A little after 7:30, Olive was called over to the tubes to meet the new agent.